Sunday, April 17, 2016

Circle of Spring navy and yellow

My daffodils are blooming - as are my yellow and purple pansies, so I was in the mood for a card with yellow flowers. I added Night of Navy though, instead of purple. Read on for the little extra that I gave this card. Do you know what it is?
Stampin' Up! Circle of Spring stamp set. Navy and Yellow birthday card. Handmade birthday card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
No, it isn't the Washi Tape across the top and bottom although Washi Tape makes a great border!

If you guessed berries then you are correct! After I stamped and colored the wreath, I used the fine tip of my Night of Navy marker and added berries all around the wreath. It is so easy to do and it pulls in the Night of Navy color from the card base. Try it sometime!

You can't really tell from the photo but there is a base card of Night of Navy and then a smaller piece on top of that. The smaller piece was embossed with the Decorative Dots folder and looks lovely in real life. 

Tomorrow I will find out what is being retired from the current Annual Catalog. It is always a bittersweet time to see favorite stamp sets and accessories being discontinued. But….. it makes for more room in the new Annual Catalog for new stuff. Yay!!

All supplies are Stampin' Up! and can be found in my Online Store.
Product List

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...