Thursday, March 3, 2016

Picture Perfect Hummingbird


Yesterday I posted a card with one of the images from the Picture Perfect stamp set - namely the starfish. Today, I am posting a card using another image in this set - the hummingbird. I LOVE this card.
Stampin' Up! Picture Perfect hummingbird on watercolored background. Handmade hummingbird card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
The hummingbird is a 3 step stamp for the body plus a little stamp for his throat. I played around with some color combinations and ended up with Black, Pacific Point and Cucumber Crush for bold, bright contrast. He is hand cut which was fairly easy, just watch out for the beak.

The middle layer is watercolor paper with a bit of a wash with water and Pacific Point ink. I didn't try to make it look like clouds in a blue sky but it kind of came out that way!

I wanted to continue the contrast of colors so I layered the watercolor paper onto a piece of Everyday Chic designer paper which in turn is layered onto the Heavyweight/Thick Whisper White card stock. 
Stampin' Up! Picture Perfect hummingbird on watercolored background. Handmade hummingbird card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
To make the hummingbird look iridescent I painted it with Clear Wink of Stella which gives it a nice shimmer.

I don't think I missed any details on this card - I already mailed it to a customer who placed an order with me so I can't double check. 

As always...
Product List - just click on a picture below to go to my Online Store for further details or to order.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...