Saturday, March 19, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches #228


Stampin' Up! What I Love stamp set in Bermuda Bay and cucumber Crush. Small strip of Washi Tape. Easy handmade card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
I am back with another clean and simple card, and another sketch. This sketch is this week's challenge from Freshly Made Sketches. The sketch can be seen here. I had to think about this one because the partial circle was definitely a challenge!

I ended up sponging some Soft Sky ink to form the partial circle and then stamped  the flowers and leaves from the Sale-a-bration set, What I Love. Once I stamped the flowers I used a black pen and did some free hand work by drawing lines around the petals - just my own little touch.
Stampin' Up! What I Love stamp set in Bermuda Bay and cucumber Crush. Small strip of Washi Tape. Easy handmade card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
You can see the black ink better in the photo above and below. You can also see the pattern of the Bermuda Bay washi tape that I ran down the side of the card base.
Stampin' Up! What I Love stamp set in Bermuda Bay and cucumber Crush. Small strip of Washi Tape. Easy handmade card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
The top panel is raised up a bit with dimensionals. 

All supplies (except the pen) are Stampin' Up! and can be found in my Online Store.

If you like the What I Love stamp set, it can be yours for Free! Sale-a-bration details can be found here. Don't forget that your chance to receive Freebies ends on March 31st.

Product List - click on any product picture below for details or to order.

6 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Your flowers are lovely....such pretty colors for spring! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the flowers and colors.

Back Porch Stamper said...

I love your card. Thanks for the inspiration!

Cindy Boney said...

Beautiful card! Love how you used the flowers as your focal point!

Shirl said...

Beautiful! love your idea of using the black pen to highlight the flowers too!

Shirl

Jen Brum said...

What a beautiful card Lisa! Those flowers are so pretty! Love the colours! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...