Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Flower Shop Shamrock


Saint Patrick's Day is only a day away, and even though I'm not Irish, it's fun to see what kind of card I can make with non Saint Patrick's Day supplies. 
Stampin' Up! Flower Shop stamp set made into a shamrock. Saint Patrick's Day card with Washi Tape . Handmade card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
Even though I am not on the Create with Connie and Mary design team anymore, I still love their challenges, and am playing along with their sketch challenge this week. The sketch can be seen here.

My first step with this card was to emboss the front. Even though it is the base of the card, it is easy to emboss. The next layer is the bottom panel with its stripes. To make the stripes I added strips of Cucumber Crush Washi Tape.
Stampin' Up! Flower Shop stamp set made into a shamrock. Saint Patrick's Day card with Washi Tape . Handmade card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
The shamrock is nothing more than one of the flowers from the Flower Shop stamp set. I punched it with the coordinating Pansy Punch and then cut off one of the petals and added a hand cut stem. The sentiment is from Sprinkles of Life stamp set and worked beautifully for this card!

You can also play along with the sketch challenge at Create with Connie and Mary. All the details, and inspiration can be found here.

Product List: clicking on the picture will give more details in my Online Store.

5 comments:

Joanne James said...

What a great way to combine St Patrick's Day with a sweet card for a friend. I love the look of your textured stamping on your clover and the clever way you used your washi tape and glimmer accents. Thanks for joining us over at Create with Connie and Mary this week!

Jenny Engelke said...

Oh my gosh, Lisa, this is completely cute! I love that you used the flower with the different patterned petals. It looks so neat! The little bit of sparkle tape is cool too! I'm so glad you joined us back at CCM this week!

Chris Slogar said...

Such a clever shamrock and I love this use of Cucumber Crush - especially the Washi Tape stripes! Great to see you back here in the Connie and Mary challenge! Thanks for playing!

Mary Brown said...

Oh Lisa...what a perfectly delightful card! LOVE your choice of colors and your little shamrock is just THE SWEETEST! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Lisa Martz said...

Love your card! I'm so glad you played along this week! Miss you! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie and Mary sketch challenge this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...