Saturday, March 26, 2016

Birthday Blooms and Butterfly

 I wanted to squeeze this post in somewhere this weekend - it being Easter and all. Happy Easter by the way!
I used 2 challenges for my card and I love them both!
To create my card I stamped the front panel with Basic Black and watercolored it with ink and my aqua painter. I cannot emphasize enough the importance of watercolor paper when it comes to shading and contrast and creating vibrant color. 
Because Mint Macaron is a cool-toned green I added a bit of So Saffron to some of the leaves. 

In keeping with the sketch I added some lace across the base and a butterfly and pearls for my accents. I know I have said it before but it is worth saying again - the thick, heavyweight Whisper White card stock is the best!! Just sayin'

All the supplies are Stampin' Up! and can be found in my Online Store. 
Reminder: Only 5 more days left to take advantage of Sale-a-bration. Details here.

Product List

7 comments:

Brian King said...

Your coloring of this flower is exquisite, Lisa! Such a wonderful use of these colors. Thank you so much for playing along with this week’s Color Challenge at Pals Paper Arts.

Michelle Gleeson said...

Your coloring takes this flower to WOW. And I love the use of the Mint Macaron ribbon - perfect. Thanks for sharing your creativity with the Pals this week.

Peggy Noe said...

Gorgeous flower Lisa, and the Mint Macaron lace is the perfect touch! Thank you for sharing your card with us this week at Pals Paper Arts!

Rae said...

Beautiful card Lisa. Your water coloring is top notch! So glad you could join us for PPA293. Hope to see you for PPA294.

Michelle Quinno said...

Such a pretty card!

Katy McGloin said...

Stunning! Thanks for sharing it with the PPA color challenge this week!

Nadine said...

Beautiful card, Lisa! Thanks for joining us this week at Match the Sketch Challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...