Friday, March 18, 2016

Beach Card


Happy Friday! I had a really busy day at the library where I work and I think it had to do with the snow that is predicted for Sunday. No, really! I work in the adult circulation department and I think one out of five people that came in today made reference to the snow that is coming. And snow means stocking up on books and movies. Not that I blame them because after all, that is what I do too! 

Snow, schmow. I have a warm and sunny, beach card to show you today. 
Stampin' Up Picture Perfect stamp set; Stampin' UP! Wetlands stamp set. WAtercolored ocean and beach with sandpipers. Starfish. Handmade watercolored card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
I used the sketch #116 found here on the Match the Sketch challenge blog. I began with watercolor paper, 3 different inks and an aqua painters to lay down a wash of color in 3 segments. After that dried I went back with a little bit of Bermuda Bay and straightened out the horizon and added some movement in my ocean. I also spattered a bit of Crumb Cake ink on the bottom.

Once everything was dry I stamped my sand pipers from the Wetlands stamp set and mounted the panel to my card front. 

You can see that it is raised up a bit with some dimensionals. Then I added a hand cut starfish from the Picture Perfect stamp set. The sketch called for something on the left side and a stamped sentiment wasn't working so I went with the starfish. I did trim its legs? tentacles? down so they wouldn't hang over so far. I really love this card and can just picture myself in this scene, off to the side reading a good book - that I got from the library :)

All of my supplies are Stampin' Up! and can be found here in my Online Store. 
  • Sale-a-bration ends March 31st. Don't miss out on Freebies! Details are found here.

7 comments:

Erna Logtenberg said...

I recognized that sketch immediately when I saw your card. It's absolutely stunning!

Littlelamb said...

Love this card. Thank you for sharing.

Sabine Mayer said...

vielen Dank für Deine Teilnahme bei "Match the Sketch". Tolle Karte hast Du gewerkelt.
Liebe Grüße aus "Sabines-Kreativecke"

Marla said...

Your water coloring is amazing! Everything looks so real.

LeAnne said...

I love this....I still don't have this set, but I think I NEED it! Very pretty!

Fanny said...

Da hast Du ein ganz bezauberndes Werk kreiert. Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei Match the Sketch, viel Glück bei der Challenge und der Verlosung. Hoffe, wir sehen dich bald wieder bei einer unserer nächsten Challenges…Viele liebe Grüße, Fanny von www.stampinwithfanny.de

KOHarley said...

Lisa, this card is amazing and so are you. Thanks for sharing your talent.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...