Monday, February 29, 2016

Starfish in the Sea


This is usually around the time that our family meets up in Florida for a week of sun and fun. Alas, it isn't going to happen for various reasons so this card is in memory of sunny good times!

I used the sketch challenge #162 from CAS Colours & Sketches. It can be found here. 
Stampin' Up! Picture Perfect stamp set. Stampin' Up! By the Tide stamp set. Watercolor Wash background with starfish. Beachy under the sea card. Handmade card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
My background was made with the background stamp, Watercolor Wash. I used various inks and my Aquapainter to color the stamp - keeping the ink pretty thin. Next I stamped the script and seaweed and added a piece of burlap ribbon for texture and emphasis. 

I played around with different colors for the starfish and ended up with Blushing Bride. It isn't realistic but it does tie in nicely with the background. A few random rhinestones complete my card. 
All of my supplies for my card are Stampin' Up! and can be found in my Online Store. Clicking on any product icon below will take you there.
  • Earn Free Stampin' Up! exclusive products during Sale-a-bration. For every $50 (before tax and shipping), you can choose an item from the Sale-a-bration catalog found here or the add flyer found here. No Limits on how many you can earn!
  • If you qualify for a Sale-a-bration product, then you qualify for Customer Reward Loyalty points from me. Details can be found here. It's just my way of saying thanks.

Product List

8 comments:

Jane said...

Gorgeous beachy theme to your card, next best thing to actually going. Thanks for playing along at CC&S.

Beverley said...

Love the stamped BG and colours you've used. Thanks so much for playing along at CC&S this week. Hugs Bev x

karen h said...

Beautiful card! Love the background! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

Mitzi Luttrull said...

What a beautiful, soft card!

Caro Thomas said...

Just beautiful. I love how you've created the background, gorgeous subtle colours and the texture, seaweed and seaweed just work brilliantly. Another stamp set I've been putting of buying but need! Thanks for joining us at CC&S this week. Caro x

Skylark said...

Time ran away with me for commenting last week! Thank you so much for sharing your sealife card with us at CC&S. Stef x

Kylie Bertucci said...

Stunning card Lisa! Congratulations! This project is one of my most popular pins this week and is being highlighted on my blog today. Thanks for sharing. Kylie xx

KOHarley said...

Amazing! I love your beach watercolor style cards.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...