Saturday, February 13, 2016

Overcoming the Winter Blues


I have a bad case of the winter blues - cold weather and snow always do me in. I have found that getting creative is the best way for me to overcome the doldrums so that is what I did today. I combined stamping with watercoloring - my two favorite ways to create! 
Stampin' Up! Summer Silhouettes stamp set. Watercolored flowers on watercolor paper and a white base. Handmade watercolored card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
The colors are from the Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers : Watermelon Wonder, Lost Lagoon, and Old Olive. I went with flowers because that is another favorite of mine :)

I used Watercolor paper for the stamped panel and heavyweight Whisper White for the base. If you look closely there are some clear speckles on the stamped panel. To achieve this, I stamped the skeleton of the flower with Basic Black, then I stamped some speckles with Versamark and Gorgeous Grunge and embossed with Clear Embossing Powder. It embossed the stems a little too but no big deal because the black still shows through.

Edited to add: I forgot to mention the Sale-a-bration set, What I Love in the list of stamps. I used the sweet little "Thank you" sentiment from that set. 

All of my supplies are Stampin' Up! and can be found in my Online Store here.
Sale-a-bration continues. Receive FREE Stampin' Up! products. Details found here.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

6 comments:

Shirl said...

I have a bad case of the rainy day blues! Tried making a card and it just didn't fly. Feel like I have wasted the whole day. Oh well, I got a walk in and did a load of laundry so not a complete loss. I don't have these in colors yet, but your card is making think I "need" to get them. Thanks for the enabling.

Shirl

Dawn Tidd said...

This is stunning, Lisa! Love the speckles and you water coloring! The bright flowers just really pop and make me feel like Spring is in the air!

Judi said...

Great card! Love your talent😊❣

Kylie Bertucci said...

wow! just amazing Lisa. Congratulations! This project is one of my most popular pins this week and is being highlighted on my blog today. Thanks for sharing. Kylie xx

c.j.e.nelson@gmail.com said...

This is a gorgeous card. I am anxious to try this technique. I am also anxious to explore your blog now that I have discovered you. Thanks!

Cathy Nelson said...

This is a gorgeous card. I am anxious to try this technique. I am also anxious to explore your blog now that I have discovered you. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...