Friday, February 19, 2016

Layered Illusion


Stampin' Up! Birthday Bloom stamp set. One layer front with black hand drawn border. Handmade card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
My card is supposed to give the illusion that the square, middle panel is white layered on black with a hand cut flower in the corner. It is actually all one layer: no panel, no hand cut flower - just stamping, masking and a black marker.

To create the faux panel, I first cut a square from a sticky note and made it the size that I wanted my square to be. Then I lightly traced around it with pencil. Next, I removed the mask and stamped my flower and sentiment directly to the card front. My last step was to use a straight edge and Black marker to trace over the penciled square. 

To create the "background", I used my square sticky note mask to mask the square. I also cut a mask for my flower. Then I stamped the little flowers and dots over the masks and off the edges of the card. When I removed the masks I colored the flower and added a few sequins.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! and can be found in my Online Store here.

Stamps: Birthday Bloom
Card Stock: Whisper White, Heavyweight Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, Mint Macaron, Pool Party, Blushing Bride
Other: Gold sequins, Aquapainter
  • Sale-a-bration details (Free product with every $50) and catalog found here.
  • Just added: Sale-a-bration stamps and Glitter tape - details found here.
  • My Customer Rewards program. Details found here.

9 comments:

Gingin said...

Lisa beautiful card! I love how you created the faux panel! Very creative! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper :)

stampwithsandy said...

Lisa what a gorgeous card! Great job masking and I love the white space in the center. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper!

Carol V said...

Like this technique, will have to give it a try...thanks

Lisa Altman said...

Beautiful card!! I love, love, love what you have done with my sketch idea!! Thank you for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper.

Tina Riddle said...

Hi Lisa! This is such a beautiful card and such a cool technique! Perfect sequin placement too! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper for our sketch challenge this week!

Littlelamb said...

A good CAS card. Thank you for sharing.

Kirstin said...

Oh this is such a gorgeous card! Love the idea of the faux panel! Thank you so much for playing Inkspire_me this week! Kirstin

Fliederfee said...

I love your beautiful card. Thank you for joining our In{k}spire_me Challenge, ela

Jenny said...

Thanks for playing IN{K}SPIRE_me! Best wishes, Jenny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...