Thursday, February 4, 2016

Honeycomb Happiness From My Heart


I had the day off from work today so I took some time to stamp - among other things. I went looking for a stamping challenge and found a good one at Splitcoast Stampers website. It is under the category, "Try a New Technique" and is called Naked Stamping. Lol. 

The challenge is to create a colorful background and then stamp the open line image(s). No coloring allowed!
The technique is pretty simple depending on how you decide to create the background. I went with watercoloring, naturally! I first pulled out the stamps I wanted to use. Of all of the Sale-a-bration stamps this year, the little bird in Honeycomb Happiness is my favorite image. Oh my, it is just the cutest! The "balloon" and sentiment are from the set, Groovy Kind of Love. 

Tip: I used my MISTI for the stamping so I was sure to get nice crisp images.

The watercolored panel is mounted on heavyweight/thick Whisper White card stock. It makes the BEST bases for cards!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...