Thursday, February 25, 2016

Eastern Mountains and White Tailed Deer


I just got home a few days ago after a visit to Pennsylvania (400 miles away) where my mom lives. I haven't seen her since July so I was very thankful that everything lined up for David and me to drive there and spend a few days, enjoying some time with her. I grew up in Pennsylvania so it is always good to see those beautiful Allegheny Mountains and the Pennsylvania countryside. It does my heart good. Seeing my mother is even better of course!

My area of Pennsylvania is notorious for White Tailed Deer. They are quite abundant and my mother is still warning me to "watch out for deer", when I am driving those country roads. 

After being in deer country, I decided to make a card in honor of my home state. I think I'll send it to my mom and let her know again how much I enjoyed hanging out with her.
Stampin' Up! In the Meadow stamp set. Watercolored Doe and Fawn. Handmade watercolor card by Lisa Young
I used the new In the Meadow stamp set with its sweet image of a doe and fawn. Once I stamped my images I added my own mountains because the mountain image that comes with this set looks very western to me and I wanted to convey eastern mountains - lower in altitude, rolling and green. To do this I did my initial watercoloring and then when it was almost dry I added more color in the form of mountains.

All my supplies are Stampin' Up! and can be found in my Online Store or click on any of the pictures at the end of my post and it should (hopefully) take you to my store.
  • My Customer Rewards Program can be found here.
  •  Sale-a-bration: Choose Free product with every $50 purchase. No limit. The catalog can be found here.
  • New additions to the Sale-a-bration catalog can be found here.
Product List 

4 comments:

Kay said...

Love your card. So peaceful and neat.

HJ said...

What a beautiful card for your mother. You did a fantastic job coloring it. I'm sure your mother enjoyed your visit as much as you did. Have a great day.

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Great scene you created. Love the deers.

Laura said...

Lisa, your scene is just beautiful! Especially love how you created your own mountains-to reflect home for you. The way you added color to the deer and trees is beautiful as well! Thanks for the inspiration!
Hugs, Laura

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...