Monday, February 29, 2016

Celebrate You


Happy Leap Day! I for one am thankful that today is the last day of February. The shortest month of the year is often the longest one for me. Bring on Spring!

I don't have a card to celebrate Leap Day - not sure what that would look like anyway - but I do have a cute Birthday/Celebration card.
Stampin' Up! Birthday Blossoms stamp set. Clean and simple birthday card or celebration card. Handmade by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
The colors I used on my card are from this week's challenge at Pals Paper Arts: Pear Pizzazz, Night of Navy, Blushing Bride. 

For something different, I embossed the flower with White embossing powder and then added a wash of Blushing Bride ink with a bit extra in the center. No need to fussy cut the flower - just punch it with the Pansy Punch.  

Tip: To balance the large flower, add a few smaller, punched flowers in the same color. Odd numbers are generally more pleasing to the eye. 

Another tip: The upper part of the white panel, especially the right corner, was too bare for me so I added the silver baker's twine and let the ends dangle over the white panel. 


All of my supplies for my card are Stampin' Up! and can be found in my Online Store. Clicking on any product icon below will take you there.
  • Earn Free Stampin' Up! exclusive products during Sale-a-bration. For every $50 (before tax and shipping), you can choose an item from the Sale-a-bration catalog found here or the add flyer found here. No Limits on how many you can earn!
  • If you qualify for a Sale-a-bration product, then you qualify for Customer Reward Loyalty points from me. Details can be found here. It's just my way of saying thanks.


Product List

4 comments:

Kirk and Melanie said...

I LOVE this fresh style and the great colors!! Thanks for sharing!

Brian King said...

The bold blue background is perfect for this card, Lisa! This is such a crisp and clean beauty. Thank you so much for playing along with this week’s Pals Paper Arts Color Challenge!

Peggy Noe said...

Great contrast of the dots and stripes with flowers! Nice white embossing on the flower! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Pals Paper Arts!

Lynn Hoyt said...

I love everything about this card Lisa. The 2 patterned papers work beautifully and the embossed flowers are so pretty and soft.
Thank you so much for playing with us this week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...