Saturday, February 20, 2016

A Little Bit of Ombre

Stampin' Up! Birthday Blooms stamp set. Clean and simple thank you card. Ombre card. Handmade card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
Today's card uses the sketch from CAS(E) Sketch! challenge #160 which can be found here. I am on a Pool Party and Soft Sky kick so I went with an Ombre look for my card. So fun!

To create my card, I first stamped my sentiment. Then I used the cute heart border from the Birthday Bloom stamp set and 3 shades of ink: Soft Sky, Pool Party, and Bermuda Bay. They blend perfectly for the graduated tones of color that is known as Ombre. The flower is from the same set and is watercolored and hand cut. The sketch doesn't really call for anything next to the sentiment but I couldn't resist :)

All my supplies are Stampin' Up! and can be found in my Online Store here.

Stamps: Birthday Bloom, Cottage Greetings (sentiment)
Card Stock: Whisper White, Heavyweight Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, Soft Sky, Pool Party, Bermuda Bay
Other: Gold Sequins, Aquapainter
  • Sale-a-bration (Free product with every $50 purchase) - catalog and details found here.
  • NEW Sale-a-bration stamps and Glitter Tape found here.
  • My Customer Rewards program. Details found here.

4 comments:

Marla said...

Really cute card! I love the sequin bling!

Littlelamb said...

Lovely CAS card.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so pretty! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Wendy aka wendella247 said...

I love this card! I have to say, you're one of my very favorite cardmakers on Pinterest. I have so many of your creations saved!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...