Thursday, January 14, 2016

Picture Perfect Starfish

I always joke with my family about all of my gardening books. I can't resist them! I think the same can be said about my flower/nature stamps - especially if it has an ocean theme. Now the new stamp set, Picture Perfect is not an ocean themed stamp but it does have everything I love: flowers, nature (a bird) and ocean (a starfish). I chose the starfish for today's sketch challenge at Create with Connie and Mary.

My background is a wash of Soft Sky ink on heavyweight Whisper White card stock which is a quick and easy way to add some color to the stark white. 

I stamped the 2 step starfish image with Tip Top Taupe, then I cut it out and adhered it with dimensionals. Isn't this a fabulous sketch? I can't wait to see what you create! 

Stamps: Picture Perfect
Paper: Go Wild
Card Stock: heavyweight Whisper White, Soft Sky, Tip Top Taupe
Ink: Soft Sky, Tip Top Taupe
Other: dimensionals, aqua painter

7 comments:

Jenny Engelke said...

The wash of light blue is the perfect background for the "star" of the show! LOL! Love your card this week!

Lisa Martz said...

Very beachy! I like the wash of blue behind the starfish.

Alison Barclay said...

A beautiful beach-y card. The wash of blue behind the starfish is so very lovely!

Dana & Glen said...

Beautiful card Lisa! I love the wash of blue, brings a bit of the ocean to the party.

Joanne James said...

I love your starfish Lisa - it looks so realistic! The subtle washed background gives your card a real beach-feel; reminds me of sunnier, warmer days!

Bridgette J said...

I agree with Joanne, your starfish does look realistic! It makes me pine or summer!

Chris Slogar said...

Your background wash is perfect! Love that soft and beachy look, especially with this fabulous starfish! Great card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...