Thursday, January 7, 2016

Helping Me Grow stamp set Cut Apart and watercolored


Welcome to another week's challenge from Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog! This week is a color challenge and what lovely colors they are.

I chose one of the new sets from the newly released Occasions mini catalog for my card.
This is a photopolymer stamp set and includes 2 images that are sprays of flowers. I felt like the images are so large they are limiting so I took my paper snips and carefully cut them apart. You can see from the image below what it the original looks like.
For my card I stamped one image - or one of the 2 pieces - from each spray of flower on watercolor paper. Then I colored them with diluted ink and water. I deliberately let the colors run a bit for a more artsy flair. 

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Help Me Grow (Occasions Mini)
Paper: Watercolor paper
Card Stock: Whisper White, Bermuda Bay
Ink: Basic Black, Pear Pizzazz, Blackberry Bliss, Bermuda Bay
Other: Watercolor brush - retired (we used to sell these a long time ago!), dimensionals

We would love to have you play along with us at Create with Connie and Mary!

6 comments:

Connie Babbert said...

Hmmm, I like the way you cut these apart! I also thought they were very large, but your way definitely makes them more versatile! I might have to re-think my decision on this set! Gorgeous look with the watercolored background! Great job with the color challenge!

Joanne James said...

I love the way you created your watercoloured floral panel Lisa - very artsy indeed! A great way to scale down the size of this set too.

Chris Slogar said...

Great tip about cutting the flowers apart, and that works out beautifully in this layout! Your watercoloring is wonderful, especially the bit of bleed! So pretty!

Jenny Engelke said...

Oh, these flowers are beautiful watercolored! I love the accents you've placed around the corners!

Alison Barclay said...

I luuurrrrve your card! The watercolouring is so beautiful!! A piece of art!

Lisa Martz said...

Perfect watercoloring! Love the idea of cutting the flowers apart so they are more versatile. Really pretty card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...