Thursday, January 21, 2016

Birthday Blooms Bold and Bright

Welcome to a color challenge from Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog.
Aren't those colors lovely?! I sure think so, and I had a lot of fun creating my card: Big, bold flower. Watercoloring. The color red. Win win for me!
To create my card I stamped, watercolored and fussy cut the flowers. I carefully adhered them to my card front right over the washi tape. You can't see it in the photo but I also added a shimmer of clear Wink of Stella to the flower center and petals. I didn't want a lot of Wink of Stella on the petals so I just put some on the tip of my finger and rubbed it over the petals. Love this new product!

This card was made with my mother in mind. She turns 89 next week, a widow, and she is still snow blowing her own driveway (which is on a hill no less). I am always telling her that she is my hero. Creating this card was truly a labor of love.

Supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Birthday Blooms
Card Stock: heavyweight Whisper White, Lost Lagoon
Ink: Basic Black, Real Red, Crushed Curry, Lost Lagoon
Other: Pearls, Clear Wink of Stella, Washi Tape - Oops. I meant to use Crushed Curry but I think it is actually Hello Honey. It is hard to tell the difference!

And now I hope you will play along! It's all happening at the challenge blog of Create with Connie and Mary.

6 comments:

Jenny Engelke said...

Oh my, Lisa....this is a real stunner! I just absolutely LOVE everything about it! I see a little hint of last week's sketch too!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the pretty flowers and your use of the challenge colors. Great job.

Seo Expert said...

This card is so strikingly beautiful,the roses looks really nice.
I like all the colors that you used. SEO Company in Lahore

Lisa Martz said...

Very pretty! Your coloring is beautiful...the shading is perfect! And the fussy-cut rose is awesome!

Joanne James said...

Lovely card Lisa and I'm sure your mother will appreciate the extra time and effort of the fussy cutting. I love the single yellow flower - reminds me of the hidden gem that you find in your garden amongst all the other contrasting flowers!

Alison Barclay said...

I am in love with your card! That coloured flower and the design....it just works perfectly!! LOVE IT!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...