Thursday, January 28, 2016

An Easy Way to Add Color


I have another fun challenge for you from Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog. It is a great sketch that is sure to spark some creativity! 

For my card I combined an old set -  "Work of Art" and a new set, "In the Meadow". Take a look!
I love the images in this set especially the deer. It is perfect for outdoorsy guys such as those in my family. This card requires no coloring at all. I just stamped the images and used the brushstroke stamps from the Work of Art stamp set to add the color. Then I punched them out. It doesn't get much easier. Lol. 

All supplies are Stampin' Up! 
Stamps: In the Meadow, Work of Art
Paper: Pear Pizzazz, Crumb Cake
Card Stock: Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz, Crumb Cake
Other: Linen Thread, dimensionals, circle punches
  
Isn't it a fun sketch? If you would like to play along, just head over to the Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog. 

Before you go, I wanted to let you know that this will be my last card as a member of the Create with Connie and Mary design team. It has been a wonderful experience - fun, challenging, and motivating! I have been honored to be a part of this talented group of stampers. I'll still be playing along sometimes and hope you will too! I'm not leaving Stampin' Up! or blogging though. I just want to be clear about that :)

As always….

7 comments:

Mary Brown said...

Oh Lisa...you will be so missed! Your style is just so inspiring and I always looked forward to see what you did with our challenges. Good luck in everything you do!

Connie Babbert said...

I will DEFINITELY miss your awesome style and interpretation of the challenges! I'll always be a fan and keep checking out your blog! Best of luck to you!

barb mann said...

Lisa I love your card. It's always so hard to find fabulous masculine cards. I hope you don't mind - I see a case coming on. My card clubs would love recreating your card! Love this new stamp set... Barb

Chris Slogar said...

We will miss you Lisa! It has been such a pleasure to design with you - I have loved seeing your work in our gallery and online every week. Will continue to follow you - love your style, and this card is fantastic as always. I love how you have colored the images with the Work of Art stamps!

Lisa Martz said...

I am sad :( I will miss you! (sniff, sniff) I love your card! The way you "colored in" the images is pure genius! I think it gives it a really masculine feel! I'm going to be a lurker on your blog...you can be sure of that! Hugs and best wishes!

Jenny Engelke said...

Well, Lisa, your are going out with a bang! This card is flippin' awesome!!! I'll miss seeing your creations every week. It's been a pleasure being on the design team with you! Good luck to you!

Joanne James said...

What a way to finish Lisa - I love this card and feel a definite CASE coming on! You will be missed - I have looked forward to your cards each week. Best wishes to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...