Monday, December 7, 2015

Negative space Christmas Ornaments


I saw this really cute card using pretty paper and negative space and decided to recreate my version.
 Stampin' Up! Merry Moments paper. Three Christmas ornaments. Handmade Christmas card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
I used 3 different circle punches and punched my shapes. Then before I embossed with the Softly Falling embossing folder, I drew straight lines with the fine point end of my Smoky Slate marker. Next I placed pieces of Merry Moments designer series paper behind the circles. That was a little tricky.

The tops of the ornaments are actually the tree stand from Festival of Trees. I embossed them with silver and cut them out. 
Stampin' Up! Merry Moments paper. Three Christmas ornaments. Handmade Christmas card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
I used dimensionals to add height to my card as you can hopefully see in the above photo..

This is a fun way to use patterned paper! And adding some embellishments to the centers give the ornaments a little bit of pizzazz.

Supplies are Stampin' Up! and can be found in my Online Store.

Stamps: Festival of Trees, Petite Pairs
Paper: Merry Moments
Card Stock: Whisper White, Smoky Slate, Real Red
Ink: Real Red, Versamark, Smoky Slate marker
Other: Circle punches, dimensionals, silver embossing powder, Metal Rimmed Pearls, Iced Rhinestones, Softly Falling embossing folder Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comment:

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love the papers you used in the negative spaces. This is a great idea.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...