Thursday, December 17, 2015

Keep Your Face to the Sun


I'm back with an elegant color challenge from Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog. 

I kept my card simple and let the sentiment be the focus.
Stampin' Up! Ray of Sunshine stamp set. Handmade card in black and gold by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
I really love the sentiments in the Ray of Sunshine stamp set. Of course I love sunshine so that may have something to do with it! I was going to add gold sequins but when I placed them on my card front (without adhesive), they just didn't look good. Then I thought about rhinestones but they looked out of place so I ended up not using any embellishments at all. 

Supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Ray of Sunshine
Paper: Everyday Chic 
Card Stock: Whisper White, Gold Foil
Ink: Basic Black
Other: Gold doily, 2" circle punch, dimensionals

I know the rest of the design team used the colors to make some fantastic cards so be sure to head over to Create with Connie and Mary to check them out. And of course we would love to have you play along!

9 comments:

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love the colors and design. The sentiment is definitely the focus.

Jenny Engelke said...

I'm so smitten with the font on this stamp...it's so pretty! And the sentiment is beautiful as well! I hope you have a very Merry Christmas, Lisa!

Connie Babbert said...

So pretty...love that you used the colors for a non-holiday card! Great job with the color challenge this week!

Connie Babbert said...

Forgot to say Merry Christmas to you, too!

Cindee Wilkinson said...

The gold doily really makes your card "pop". Love it Lisa! Have a Merry Christmas!

Lisa Martz said...

I think we forget sometimes how sentiments can be the focal point on a card. Really like how you showcased some great black/white papers and set off that lovely sentiment with the gold doily.

Chris Slogar said...

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas Lisa! I love how you have made the doily and the sentiment the centerpiece of your card - it is perfect without any additional bling thanks to the ornate doily!

Alison Barclay said...

The doily on your card looks awesome...and props for steering away from a Christmas card...I’ve only just made my first non-Christmas card today! :)
Belated Seasons Greetings and Happy New Year to you! xx

Joanne James said...

I love that you allowed that wonderful sentiment to take centre stage Lisa - and the gold doily makes for a perfect background. Gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...