Thursday, December 3, 2015

Festival of Trees Clean and Simple


Welcome to another challenge from Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog. I think you will like the colors - they are perfect for this time of year.

I am in the zone for Christmas cards so I thought I would show you an easy one to create.

Stampin' Up! Festival of Trees stamp set. Clean and simple card with red cardinal. Handmade Christmas card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
The tree is stamped and punched which is a good way to add it rather than stamping directly to the card front and risk making a mistake. The silver strip is washi tape from the Everyday Chic collection. 

To balance my red cardinal image, I added a Mossy Meadow Enamel Dot. The inside of the card - which I forgot to photograph - has the second half of the Christmas greeting. 

Supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Festival of Trees
Paper: Merry Moments
Card Stock: Heavyweight Whisper White
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Mossy Meadow
Other: Everyday Chic washi tape, Tree Punch, Home for Christmas Enamel Dot

To play along with us, or for more inspiration, head over to  Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog.

6 comments:

Joanne James said...

I love the little pops of red Lisa and the strip of washi tape is a great way to add a quick touch of sparkle. A super quick festive card!

Chris Slogar said...

Very sweet look! I love how the little bird and delicate sentiment grab all the attention in red!

Jenny Engelke said...

Clean, simple and cozy! I just love the little bird in the tree! The sentiment fits so well, too!

Bridgette J said...

I am all about punching out stamped work when I can for the same reason you stated. I am the queen of smudges! Love your clean card and your little cardinal is adorable!

Lisa Martz said...

Love the little red bird and red sentiment. Clean and simple, but not lacking in style! Great card!

Connie Babbert said...

So sweet and simple...love the CAS design with a touch of elegance! Great job with the color challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...