Thursday, December 10, 2015

A Red Wren


It's time for another challenge from Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog. I really enjoyed this sketch and I hope you will too!
I love the bird in the stamp set, An Open Heart and used it as my focal point for today's card. I flipped the sketch because I wanted the bird to face the center.

Stampin' Up! An Open Heart stamp set with bird. Handmade card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
The background of my card is a wood pattern from Farmer's Market series. It is my favorite pattern in this collection. The bird was stamped and colored with ink and an aqua painter. I didn't use much water because I wanted the colors to be dark. Then I fussy cut the bird and added it to the card front. 

The border at the bottom is Washi Tape from the Sweet Lil Things collection. It's a fun way to add some variety to a card.

Supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: An Open Heart
Paper: Farmer's Market
Card Stock: Whisper White, Crumb Cake
Ink: Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake
Other: Candy Dots, Sweet Lil Things washi tape, 2 1/2" Circle punch

If you would like to play along, or for more inspiration, just head on over to Create with Connie and Mary

5 comments:

Jenny Engelke said...

I'm in love with the rustic and natural look of your card this week! Your coloring on the bird is impeccable!

Chris Slogar said...

What a lovely combination of elements! The bird stands out so beautifully with the little touches of red - very pretty!

Lisa Martz said...

I love that you did NOT do Christmas! Love the outdoorsy feel of this card! Your watercoloring on the bird is awesome!

Joanne James said...

Lovely card Lisa - the bird against the woodgrain paper looks fab - very natural looking.

Connie Babbert said...

Great way to flip the sketch for your bird...he looks real! Love it against the Woodgrain! Great job with the sketch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...