Thursday, November 26, 2015

Wonderland in Silver

Happy Thanksgiving! Because it is Thursday it is also a new challenge from Create with Connie and Mary.


Here is the card I created using some of the Holiday Fancy Foil Vellum beneath the silver embossed pines.
Stampin' UP! Wonderland stamp set. Silver embossed pine trees. Snowflake vellum. Handmade Christmas card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
My card's layout isn't exactly like the sketch but my first card where I stamped directly on the card front just wasn't exciting enough. That is where the snowflake vellum came into play. I placed it over the Night of Navy card stock and it added a lovely, calm, peaceful background to the embossed trees. I added some silver sequins for a little bit of bright.

Supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Wonderland
Paper: Holiday Fancy Foil Vellum
Card Stock: Whisper White, Night of Navy
Ink: Versamark
Other: Silver Embossing powder, Silver Sequins

I hope you will play along with us at Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog!

6 comments:

Connie Babbert said...

So pretty and elegant! LOVE the colors. Happy Thanksgiving! Great job with the sketch!

Joanne James said...

I love those trees Lisa and adding the vellum was a good idea - so elegant. Happy thanksgiving to you!

Jenny Engelke said...

I love the navy and silver together...they are so striking and elegant! I also love your interpretation of the sketch. What a beautiful creation!

Alison Barclay said...

WOW! Navy and silver look so beautiful! Amazing card...love those trees. :)

Bridgette J said...

I don't mean to copy everyone else but it IS elegant! Holy smokes, it's gorgeous!That vellum background was great idea! :)

Lisa Martz said...

This is very serene. Love the colors and the vellum overlay...and the bling!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...