Thursday, November 12, 2015

Vintage Leaves and Leaf Framelit Acorn


Here in the United States, Thanksgiving is only a few weeks away so for this week's sketch challenge at Create with Connie and Mary, I made a Thanksgiving card. 
Stampin' Up! Vintage Leaves stamp set. Handmade Thanksgiving card. Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp

The sketch has lots of possibilities as you can see.
To create my card I first stamped the flourish from Flowering Flourishes stamp set and then added a strip of designer series paper. Next I layered some leaves from Vintage Leaves stamp set. The sentiment - colored with markers - is from Thankful Forest Friends.

To make the acorn I used the smallest leaf framelit from the Leaflets Framelits set. I cut 2 leaves - one from Crumb Cake card stock and 1 from Chocolate Chip. By doing some sponging and snipping, I was able to turn the leaves into an acorn!

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Vintage Leave, Flowering Flourishes, Thankful Forest Friends
Paper: Season of Cheer series
Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Crumb Cake, Pumpkin Pie, Pear Pizzazz, Cajun Craze
Other: Leaf Framelits, Linen Thread, Rhinestone (colored with gold Sharpie), sponge, dimensional

I hope you will give this great sketch a try! To link up your project and to see what the rest of the design team, head over to Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog. 

As always.

7 comments:

Sue Whitney, stampingonsanjuan.com said...

I absolutely love this card. So elegant with its beautiful swirls in the background. Thanks for sharing.

Alison Barclay said...

This is so lovely! The acorn is adorable and I'm so happy to see one of my favourite sets peeping out in the background....Flowering Flourishes!!! :)

Jenny Engelke said...

Thanks for explaining how to make the acorn! It looks fab! It's good to know since I don't own the new acorn punch...this is just a simple though and every bit as good looking!

Connie Babbert said...

Can't BELIEVE that Thanksgiving is next week! I love your card...such a great greeting and fun collage of elements! Great job with the sketch challenge!

Bridgette J said...

Your acorn is GENIUS! So clever and your card is gorgeous as always. I love the background stamp peeking out and all of the colorful layers!

Joanne James said...

I love the pop of colour from the bright orange leaf Lisa but as for the acorn - genius!

Chris Slogar said...

What a warm Thanksgiving greeting! Love the colors and the flourish in the background! Very clever acorn!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...