Sunday, November 15, 2015

Stamp Review Crew: Wonderland Edition


It's time for another Stamp Review Crew Blog Hop and this time everyone is featuring the gorgeous Winter/Christmas stamp set, Wonderland.

The Blog Hop officially begins Monday, November 16 but we like to post early to make sure everything is linked correctly. If you find a broken link, don't give up!

If you arrived from the blog of talented Nikki Spencer then you are where you should be. If this is your first stop, just follow the links to go full circle.

If you a familiar with the Wonderland stamp, it comes in Clear-mount or Wood mount. I posted the clear-mount below. Please Note! This stamp set will be retiring January 4th, 2016. Available until Dec. 28th, then only while supplies last.

My first card uses the same technique as this card : Block stamping with a marker.
Stampin' Up! Wonderland stamp set. Pine Trees Christmas card. Handmade card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
Once I stamped my background with the block I added the tree and snowflakes. To brighten up the snow on the trees I used my white Chalk Marker. 

Supplies
Stamps: Wonderland
Card Stock: Night of Navy, Heavyweight Whisper White, 
Ink: Night of Navy, Mossy Meadow
Other: Silver Baker's Twine, White Chalk Marker

My second card is a wintery scene created with masking and sponging.
Stampin' Up! Wonderland stamp set. Wintery scene with pine trees. Handmade Christmas card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
I tore a strip of card stock for my mask and laid it on my base, then sponged some color and stamped the tops of pine trees to create a mountainy look in the background. Then I stamped my foreground and masked and sponged again in the middle and at the base. Because the trees are so dark I could sponge right over them and not affect their color. 

Supplies
Stamps: Wonderland
Card Stock: Heavyweight Whisper White
Ink: Mossy Meadow, Blackberry Bliss, Night of Navy
Other: sponge

That is it for me but the rest of the Stamp Review Crew has lots to show you! Next stop is the blog of talented Sue Plote. Enjoy!

6 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Your cards are gorgeous! I love the beautiful backgrounds you created! Works of art!

Flo said...

The cards are so breathtaking! How did you create the snow, complete with little "breaks" in the drifts? So realistic...

Jessica said...

What beautiful cards! Love the masking and sponging on the second one. Fabulous.

Heidi Baks said...

Wonderful, wonderful background! Just fabulous, Lisa!!

Judi said...

So pretty! You definitely have an artist eye😊

rubberredneck said...

Gorgeous cards. I love the snow effect on your first card. The second card is gorgeous with your sponging effect.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...