Thursday, November 5, 2015

Stamlpin' Up! Happy Scenes in Black and White


Welcome to another challenge from Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog. I was really excited when I saw this week's colors and if you were to peek into my closet you would understand. Red, gray, black, and white are colors that I wear so it was fun to stamp with them too!


I used Smoky Slate to create shadowy trees behind the bolder black trees so that took care of 2 of the colors. I wanted the red to be subtle so I colored the birds red and added a red glimmer star on one of the trees. Just enough!

All of the stamp images are from the Happy Scenes stamp set except the silhouette of the snowman. That image is from the Jingle All the Way set. I really like how these 2 stamp sets can be combined!

Supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Happy Scenes, Jingle All the Way
Card Stock: Whisper White, Real Red, Smoky Slate
Ink: Basic black, Smoky Slate, Real Red
Other: Red Glimmer paper, Star Border punch

To play along with this week's challenge, or for more inspiration, go to Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog. As always….

9 comments:

Bridgette J said...

Using the Smokey Slate as the tree's shadow was such a clever idea! As soon as I saw your card I couldn't help but think of the Christmas song Winter Wonderland!Beautiful!

Jenny Engelke said...

In the meadow we can build a snowman.....that's the tune running thru my head when I look at your card! Your wonderland is a wonderful work of art!!!!

Meg LaRue said...

You did such a professional job on this card. It is just darling.

Connie Babbert said...

Love your scene...so nice and wintery! Just the perfect touch of red, too! Great job with the color challenge!

Marlene said...

Lovely display of trees and hills.

Chris Slogar said...

What a fabulous winter scene! So clever and fun to look at! The touches of red are a perfect accent!

Alison Barclay said...

So pretty!! :)

Lisa Martz said...

Beautiful! Such a gorgeous winter scene!

Joanne James said...

A clever use of both colours to create shadow on your trees and I love the pops of red scattered here and there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...