Tuesday, November 17, 2015

An Open Heart Watercolored Bird


I have always been a wanna be watercolor artist and stamping and watercoloring is so much easier than free hand! Gotta love stamps :) 
Stampin' Up! An Open Heart stamp set. Watercolored bird and ferns. Watercolor card. Handmade by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp

I stamped my bird first and then masked it. Next I stamped and watercolored the background on watercolor paper that I dampened with water first. I wanted the ferns to bleed out a little. I then watercolored my bird, adding some extra color around the edges so it would really contrast with the background. Markers work great for this type of thing because the color is more intense. Last of all I stamped some speckles and the sentiment.

Because this is a fall card with lots of earth tones, I am going to enter it in the Fall Fun challenge at SUO Challenge blog. Then it is going in the mail as a thank you!

Supplies are Stampin' Up! and can be found in my Online Store.

Stamps: Awesomely Artistic, An Open Heart
Card Stock: Watercolor paper, Soft Suede
Ink: Black Memento, Soft Suede, Pumpkin Pie, Hello Honey
Other: dimensionals
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

6 comments:

Julie Gearinger said...

This is gorgeous! Love your watercolored background along with your beautiful bird- thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges:-)

Holly Stene said...

Saw this on the SUOnline site. Love this!! Haven't used the set for awhile and really like what you've done!

Julia said...

This is totally gorgeous and very artistic!! So glad you joined in the fun at SUO! Your card is beautiful!!

Mary Brown said...

STUNNING Lisa! I just LOVE the watercolor background you created - a perfect fall scene! Thanks for joining the SUO challenge!

Connie Babbert said...

Gorgeous!!!! I love the watercolor splash under the bird, such vibrant colors. Just beautiful! Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge this time!

Karen Barber said...

Plain and simple- THIS is a WORK of ART. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...