Thursday, October 1, 2015

Thankful Forest Friends at Christmas

The challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary is a sketch. It is one of those sketches that I love because it is open for interpretation. Actually, all sketches are I guess - but this one even more so!
I decided to use the lines in the sketch as a guide for a tri-fold style Christmas card.
Stampin' Up! Thankful Forest Friends stamp set  and Festival of Trees stamp set. Tri-fold cascading card. Handmade Christmas card with forest animals. Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
I began with a layer of the Snowflake printed vellum from the new Holiday Fancy Foil Vellum on the background. Then I added a tri-folded piece of Whisper White card stock that I sponged ever so lightly so the folds would stand out.

Next I stamped and punched out some trees with the Festival of Trees stamp set. Then I stamped and fussy cut the bear, fox and rabbit from the Thankful Forest Friends stamp set. Once I had all of my pieces I adhered them to my card as seen below.
Stampin' Up! Thankful Forest Friends stamp set  and Festival of Trees stamp set. Tri-fold cascading card. Handmade Christmas card with forest animals. Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
When you open up the card you can see the fox and rabbit enjoying the snow! I have just the person in mind for this card.

The size of the card when folded is a standard 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".

All supplies are Stampin' Up! 
Stamps: Thankful Forest Friends, Festival of Trees
Paper: Holiday Fancy Foil Designer Vellum
Card Stock: Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler
Ink: Cherry cobbler, Mossy Meadow, Smoky Slate, Crumb Cake
Other: sponge, Tree punch

We can't wait to see how you interpret this sketch! For more inspiration and to join the fun, go to Create with Connie and Mary.

12 comments:

Dianne Eure said...

I love this card! Could you give some measurements of the fold heights and where you scored it? I've never seen one like this before! Amazing!

Jenny Engelke said...

I LOVE your card closed, but then I saw the photo of it opened and I swooned!!!! You really stepped it up with this sketch! Totally fabulous and over the top cute!

Bridgette J said...

WOW! This is so creative! You have knocked it out of the park with this sketch challenge! Love the snow drifts and the surprise when you open it is wonderful!

Judy P. said...

I echo what others have said - totally original and unique adaptation of the suggested layout.

Margaret Raburn said...

Lisa, this is SO creative!! I LOVE IT!! What a great card with an unexpected bonus of the fold out for a much larger winter scene with the cutie rabbit and fox! Over the Top, girl!!

Joanne James said...

This is such a great take on the sketch Lisa. I thought it looked great closed, but the opening was a real surprise - such a clever way to use this set and create a fun fold to boot.

Chris Slogar said...

Ditto!! I already loved this when I saw the front in our gallery, but what a bonus that it opens up this way... and we get to see the other Forest Friends, too! Completely adorable!!

Alison Barclay said...

Eeeeek - the fold out card is GENIUS!!! Love it to bits!

Stef Perry said...

So cute and very clever! Love this idea!

Lisa Martz said...

Wow! This is awesome! Love everything about it! What a fun card!

Connie Babbert said...

Ah....I didn't see it was a tri-fold card until just now! I loved the design as a flat card, too, but the extra dimension of a tri-fold...WOW! You knocked this sketch out of the park, girl! Great job!

Marlene Mondry said...

This is just totally Awesome and I think it would be a great to share a tutorial or atleast the dimensions and the how to! Pretty please. love it love it love it! Everyone else has already told you over the top and total WOW factor of 100+.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...