Friday, October 23, 2015

Stampin' Up! Every Blessing Watercolor


Final day to take advantage of the sale! It ends at 11:50 pm Mountain Time

I had a lot of fun creating today's Christmas card - probably because it involved watercoloring! It is another card made with the Every Blessing stamp set. This one's a little more artsy. Click here to see the other.
Stampin' Up! Every Blessing stamp set. Silhouette of shepherds on watercolored background. Handmade Christmas card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
I used Stampin' Up! water color paper for my scene and just added color with ink and a non Stampin' Up! water color brush. My idea was to create a hillside for the shepherds and sheep, and then add some color to the sky. 

Once everything was dry I used my MISTI to stamp the silhouette. I actually had to rest amp about 3 times because of the roughness of the water color paper. I still didn't get perfect coverage so I used a Blender Pen and ink and blended out the white spots which worked beautifully. 

My final step was to hand draw Bethlehem with a Basic Black marker. That was actually easier to do than I expected and I love the way it turned out. 

The supplies for this card (except MISTI and watercolor brushes) can be found in my Online Store - here.

Stamps: Every Blessing
Paper: Water Color paper
Card Stock: Night of Navy
Ink: Night of Navy, Blackberry Bliss, Tip Top Taupe, Pear Pizzazz, Basic Black Archival ink, Basic Black marker
Other: Rhinestone, Blender Pen, Non Stampin' Up! watercolor brush

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

3 comments:

Melanie said...

This is an AMAZING card!!! Very well created, and inspirational to look at! Thanks so much for sharing!!

Bonnie said...

A beautiful scene!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I just found your card on Pinterest. You created such a beautiful background for that stamped image! Wonderful card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...