Monday, October 19, 2015

Stamp Sale! and Every Blessing Bokeh Card


I have a card to show you today, but first….

Stamps are 15% off October 19 - 23rd! What a great time to buy those stamps on your wish list or buy gifts for the holidays! 

Details:
  • There is no minimum purchase required.
  • There is no limit to how many discounted stamp sets can be placed on an order.
  • All order types qualify.
  • Host stamp sets, rotary stamps, and supply list stamps are not eligible.
  • Bundles are not eligible because they are already discounted 15%. HOWEVER, the stamp set from the bundle can be purchased ala carte with the 15% discount.
  • Stamps purchased using a 50% discount Stampin' Rewards discount will not be available for the 15% discount.

And now to tempt you further!

I have mentioned before that I am slowly making my Christmas cards - one idea at a time. Today's card was one that I made using the Bokeh technique.

Stampin' Up! Every Blessing stamp set. Silhouette of shepherds with Bokeh background. Handmade Christmas card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
I was happy to see some new Christmas sets in the big, annual catalog, and I was especially happy to see a religious silhouette! Silhouettes look great on plain backgrounds or backgrounds that you create yourself. 

I used the Bokeh technique for my background which I created with Night of Navy, Blackberry Bliss, and Whisper White ink. After it dried I used my MISTI and stamped the silhouette image. I used my MISTI because I wanted to make sure I got good coverage. As it was, I did have to stamp again. If you aren't familiar with the MISTI (a non Stampin' Up! product), click here to read all about it.

The little "stars" were made with the Fine-Tip Glue Pen and some Silver Glitter. I just added an ever-so-tiny drop of glue here and there and then added some glitter. For the large star I added one of the new Iced Rhinestone embellishments. It makes a bigger statement than a plain rhinestone.

I will be posting more Christmas cards in the future so stay tuned.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! (except MISTI) and can be found in my Online Store - here.

Stamps: Every Blessing
Paper: Whisper White, Heavyweight Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black Archival, Night of Navy, Blackberry Bliss, Whisper White
Other: sponge, Fine-Tip Glue Pen, Silver Glitter, Iced Rhinestone embellishment

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Lisa I found your card on Pinterest...could you explain how to do this Bokeh technique? Thanks so much.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...