Friday, October 30, 2015

Golden Christmas


Happy Friday! I thought I would share a Christmas card that I made last week. If you like gold, you should like this card :)
Stampin' Up! Christmas card. Gold Christmas tree on white background with gold washi tape and gold accents. Handmade Christmas card Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
I began with 3 vertical strips of Winter Wonderland Washi Tape, then added one of the gold Metallic Foil Doilies and a tree that I punched and embossed. A gold glimmer paper star adorns my tree.

Tip: I layered gold foil between the base card and the top layer, but rather than waste all of that gold foil that isn't seen, I used my Paper Trimmer and cut out the inside of the gold foil before I layered it. So it is actually a gold frame about 1/2" wide beneath that top layer of Whisper White.

Another tip: Color rhinestones with a metallic Sharpie to create a metallic embellishment. In this case I used a gold Sharpie.

All supplies (except the Sharpie) can be found here in my Online Store

Stamps: Festival of Trees - sentiment
Card Stock: Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black
Other: Gold Foil, Gold Metallic Doily, Rhinestone, Gold glimmer, Itty Bitty Accent punch, Tree punch, Winter Wonderland Washi Tape, Softly Falling embossing folder
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...