Thursday, October 22, 2015

Definitely Dahlia with Vintage Leaves CCMC378

It's a little late in New England for dahlias in real life but never too late for hand stamped dahlias! The color challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog is Hello Honey, Mossy Meadow, and Soft Suede - perfect autumn flower colors!

Stampin' Up! Definitely Dahlia stamp set with Vintage Leaves stamp set. Handmade card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp

I did a bit of masking for my card but if masking isn't your thing you could certainly stamp the leaves and then add a fussy cut dahlia. I masked the stamped dahlia and then added some leaves from Vintage Leaves stamp set. They are a perfect size for the large flower.

This layout is one of my favorites and a great way to use strips of designer series paper. In this case I used the Hello Honey pattern from the Season of Cheer paper series. Even though this is a Christmasy series of paper, this particular pattern works for fall as well as winter. I didn't add any embellishments because this will be mailed.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Definitely Dahlia, Vintage Leaves (photopolymer), Endless Thanks (photopolymer)
Paper: Season of Cheer
Card Stock: Whisper White, Soft Suede
Ink: Hello Honey, Mossy Meadow, Soft Suede

If you would like to play along, or see what the other members of the design team created, just go to Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog.

6 comments:

Joanne James said...

This dahlia looks gorgeous Lisa! I'm ashamed to say I have this stamp and haven't yet inked it up - need to remedy that I think! I love the masked leaf too and the DSP border. Great card!

Chris Slogar said...

Beautiful job masking, and I love your choice of dsp with this flower! Very pretty card!

Alison Barclay said...

This is a truly amazing card!! Stunning design and your masking is perfect! :)

Bridgette J said...

Your card is BEAUTIFUL! I just got the dahlia and was going to use it for this challenge but I got on and saw that you beat me to it but alas, I know this gem would have out-shined mine! Gorgeous!

Lisa Martz said...

Your masking is beautiful...at first I thought you really did fussy cut everything! Great card! I love sunflowers!

Jenny Engelke said...

Oh, this big, beautiful bloom is beautiful done up in this rich yellow! Your masking is impeccable too! I love the patterned DSP you mixed in there as well....spectacular all the way around!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...