Thursday, October 29, 2015

Deadly Poison


Trick or Treating is only 2 days away so today's card is all about Halloween. It is also my card for this week's sketch challenge at Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog.
Stampin' Up! Sweet Hauntings stamp set. Handmade Halloween card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
In order to get both bottles to fit on the circle, I had to do some masking first. Then I added a bit of color with an aqua painter and ink. I went with traditional orange (Tangelo Twist) and Black for my card's color scheme so everything came together pretty quickly. Note: I did stamp the tag with white ink and embossed it with white as well.

Once I had my background stamped and the sketch elements in place I added a sprinkling of rhinestones for added effect - or is it added affect? I can never keep those two words straight!

Supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Sweet Hauntings, Gorgeous Grunge
Card Stock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Tangelo Twist
Ink: Basic Black, Tangelo Twist, Whisper White
Other: White Embossing Powder, Note tag Punch, rhinestones, Spider Web doily, 2 1/2" circle punch, aqua painter

I hope you will join us this week at Create with Connie and Mary. Click on the link for more inspiration.

6 comments:

Jenny Engelke said...

The first thing I noticed on your cool card was the coloring on the bottles....it's so awesome!!!! I love the way you put this card together and your creative take on the sketch, Lisa!

Lisa Martz said...

This is great, Lisa! Love how you watercolored the bottles and used just a chunk of the doily. Love the splatters...it adds to the deadly poison of the card!

Chris Slogar said...

Great choice of elements for this sketch, and great watercoloring! Really fun card!

Bridgette J said...

I agree, your coloring is awesome! It was the first thing that I noticed. Your card had the perfect balance of spooky and sparkly! Cute!! :)

Margaret Raburn said...

Oh, Lisa, you have some really great elements on your fun Halloween card!! Great job on your masking and watercoloring and that bit of web is perfect! I've truly enjoyed being on the team with you and will be checking in as I can. Thanks for your sweet message!

Joanne James said...

I agree too - love the colouring on the bottles, it really makes them stand out. For a monochromatic card with one feature colour there is so much interest and dimension - happy haunting indeed!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...