Thursday, October 15, 2015

CCMC377 Boo

Welcome to another challenge for Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog. This week we have a cute little sketch and here is what I created.
Stampin' Up! Halloween card. Sleigh Ride edgeless, Happy Hauntings Washi Tape, Handmade card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp

I wanted to create a simple Halloween card so I used the new Sleigh Ride Edgelits and die cut the row of houses from Basic Black card stock. First I added 2 rows of the starry Happy Haunting Washi Tape to the background. Then I added my row of houses and finally added a row of the Rich Razzleberry Washi Tape from the Happy Haunting set. 

I had a corner of the Spider Web Doillies on my craft table so I filled up some of the white space by adhering that to the card front. The "Boo" sentiment is from the Happy Scenes stamp set. I just kept it nice and simple. 

This card is 4 1/4" square.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Happy Scenes
Card Stock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Tangelo Twist, Rich Tazzleberry
Ink: Basic Black Archival
Other: Happy Haunting Washi Tape, 3/4" circle punch, Spider Web Doillies, Sleigh Ride Framelit

You can find more inspiration at Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog. We hope you will play along with us! We would love to see what you create with this un sketch.

6 comments:

Margaret Raburn said...

Oh such a cool use of the Sleigh Ride thinlits; they really show up on the orange background..great idea!! Love the use of the washi tape and of course, the spider web. What a fun card!!

Alison Barclay said...

I love how you made your village scene one of the layers - great card!

Chris Slogar said...

Love the Sleigh Ride edgelit in black for Halloween, and I love your fun combination of elements!

Joanne James said...

Great to see the Sleigh Ride Edgelits used effectively in a non-Christmas way Lisa - your houses look great nestled between the washi tape layers. Love the snippet of spider web too!

Jenny Engelke said...

Wow! Such a smart way to use the sleigh ride thinlits! How awesome to see them used for Halloween. ...and they are perfect! The corner Web add such a spooky touch too! Awesome job with the sketch this week!

Lisa Martz said...

Love the way you layered the washi tape over the little spooky village. Great card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...