Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Cat with Antlers at Christmas


I will be posting a card every day through the 23rd and this reminder will always be at the top of each post. I don't want anyone to miss out!

Do you know any cat lovers? Today's Christmas card is just the thing for the cat lovers on your list - or in my case, it is going to go to our friend who looks in our cat when we are away.
Stampin' Up! You Little Furball stamp set and Festival of Trees stamp set. Cat with antlers and santa hat. Christmas card for cat lovers. Handmade Christmas card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
I used the antlers from the Wonderland stamp set for my cat. I have been at a loss for ways to use that stamp image so I thought this would be fun for a Christmas card. After I stamped the antlers, I added a fussy cut head and directly stamped body to the card stock. The little bow tie is hand made, as is the Santa hat. 

Once I got the cat stamped, I used my heat tool to make sure it was dry. Only then did I stamp and emboss the snowflakes. If the ink on the cat and antlers isn't dry the embossing powder will stick to it and then you have a snow covered cat!

My Christmas tree is from the Festival of Trees stamp set. I stamped, punched, and fussy cut it and then added it to the front of the card. I just thought it went along with the fun, contemporary look. 

All supplies are Stampin' UP! and can be found in my Online Store, here.

Stamps: You Little Furball, Festival of Trees (photopolymer), Wonderland
Card Stock: Whisper White, Soft Sky, Real Red
Ink: Hello Honey, Garden Green, Real Red, Basic Gray, Whisper White
Other: Tree Punch, Star Punch, Owl Builder Punch

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comment:

Denise said...

Lisa, your cat with antlers is adorable and absolutely genius! Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...