Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Basketball Birthday


Today is my son-in-laws birthday and I want to show you the card I made for him. Nothing fancy.
Basketball Birthday card. Cottage Greetings stamp set. Handmade card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
He loves basketball so I found this printable outline of a basketball on Pinterest. It was a little to big so I copied it to a word document and shrunk it a bit before I printed it on my Tangerine Tango card stock. Once I printed it out I cut it with a Circle Framelit and embossed with the Decorative Dots folder to make it look like a basketball.

The bottom strip of black and white is a piece of Everyday Chic washi tape. It kind of looks like netting and even though I know that will go right over my son-in-law's head, I like the imagery!

It may not be the most exciting birthday card but it was fun to create and I know he will like it :)

The supplies can be found here in my Online Store or click on any image below.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments:

christi said...

very cute card. you could explain it to him ... but then again, maybe not. just so you know your cyber friends like it. :)

Lora said...

This is a perfect card for 3 of my grandsons who each play high school basket ball.

Love it thank you for sharing this idea. It is always hard to do a card for men. The Twins birthday will be coming up real soon too. The other grandson's BD is in Dec. Perfect timing this one lives and dreams Basketball.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...