Thursday, October 8, 2015

All is calm, all is bright

I have been trying to work on making my Christmas cards a little at a time so I really wanted to use this week's color challenge at Create with Connie and Mary to make another. I was going for blue spruce - my favorite evergreen.
Stampin' Up! Wonderland stamp set. Handmade Christmas card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp

I began with the tree image stamped on a narrow panel. Then I created the wreath on another panel by stamping the little pine branch about 5 times in a circle pattern. Because I stamped the wreath with Lost Lagoon, the pinecones didn't stand out so I added some fussy cut Tip Top Taupe pinecones. Next I used a Perfect Plum marker and added hand drawn berries.

I felt like the card needed some more Perfect Plum so I punched some Perfect Plum stars and added those across the top. They also filled in some of the white space. Perfect!

Stamps: Wonderland
Card Stock: Whisper White, Lost Lagoon
Ink: Tip Top Taupe, Lost Lagoon, Perfect Plum
Other: Itty Bitty Punch Accents, Confetti Star border Punch

I hope you will play along with us at Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog!

7 comments:

Bridgette J said...

You have got a steady hand Lisa! I cannot believe you hand drew your berries! Beautiful addition to the wreath! A beautiful card all the way around. The Lost Lagoon really gives the scene a look of a chilled forest. :)

Andrea W said...

Lovely card! I really like how you layered the different images.

Jenny Engelke said...

I am SO impressed with your wreath made from the little pine branch! How brilliant! This is one of my favorite sets from the new catalog and you've really done something special with it in this card! Wonderful!!!!

Lisa Martz said...

Oh my! Wow...just beautiful! Very impressive wreath!

Joanne James said...

Lisa this card is just beautiful! I shared it with the ladies in my technique calss today and they were totally wowed by it too. The wreath is very clever - I can't wait to try this! - and the blue spruce and even purple stars look amazing - a fantastic card!!

Connie Babbert said...

I always love how people can make wreaths out of those little branch images...yours is gorgeous! Love this card! Great job with the color challenge this week!

Margaret Raburn said...

Lisa, your card is just over-the-top gorgeous!! I love how you used the colors for this beautiful Christmas card; every detail is spot-on perfect!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...