Thursday, September 17, 2015

Vintage Leaves and Thankful Forest Friends


Give thanks. That is such a wonderful reminder no matter what time of year! I had Thanksgiving in mind when I created my card for today's challenge from Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog, but I couldn't help but think, as I created my card, that the sentiment is really timeless. 
The sketch is timeless too.
Stampin' Up! fall card. Thankful Forest Friends sentiment and Vintage Leaves accent. Handmade Thanksgiving card. Handmade Autumn card.. Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
To create the background, I embossed the Very Vanilla card stock with the new Softly Falling embossing folder. The name gives the impression of snow but I chose to have it represent softly falling leaves. 

The sentiment was colored with markers and cut with a Lots of Labels frame lit. I layered that label onto another one cut from Farmer's Market designer series paper. It has a very soft pattern of Hello Honey. This in turn was layered onto a strip of a different patterned paper from the Farmer's Market series. 

My embellishment is a trio of leaves from the Vintage Leaves stamp set that were cut with matching framelits and then sponged around the edges for some definition. To give the card a little bit of golden glam, I added a bow of Gold Baker's Twine and some gold sequin trim.

Stamps: Thankful Forest Friends, Vintage Leaves
Paper: Farmer's Market series
Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Hello Honey, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Hello Honey, Chocolate Chip, Cherry Cobbler
Other: sponge, Gold Baker's Twine, Gold Sequin Trim, Big Shot, Lots of Labels Framelits, Softly Falling embossing folder, Home for Christmas Enamel Dots, Leaflets Framelits

I can't wait to see what you create with this timeless sketch - all happening at Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog.

In the spirit of giving thanks...

8 comments:

Connie Babbert said...

Very pretty...love the colors and that greeting is timeless! Great job with the sketch this week!

Jenny Engelke said...

What a beauty you've created this week, Lisa! I adore your color combination and the touches of gold add such an elegance!

Alison Barclay said...

Beautiful card...very warm and festive colours. I really like the embossing and the stamped greeting. The leaves are stunning too.
:)

Chris Slogar said...

What a fabulous combination - the vintage leaves with that sentiment! I love your color choices! What a great Thanksgiving card!

Bridgette J said...

This is truly a work of art. This would be lovely in a frame! Love everything about it. It evokes the colors of the season with a touch of bling. Perfect!

Lisa Martz said...

Your coloring of the leaves is so pretty...they look real! I love the way you colored the greeting in as well...very clever!

Margaret Raburn said...

Lisa, your card is just beautiful! The color combination is so pretty and your golden leaves are truly a crowning touch for the card!

Joanne James said...

What a pretty card. I love the tied cluster of leaves and the way you used the embossed background in a non-snow setting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...