Sunday, September 6, 2015

Stamp Review Crew: Vintage Leaves Edition


Welcome to another edition of the Stamp Review Crew Blog Hop. Everyone will be featuring projects made with the Vintage Leaves stamp set - just in time for fall!

Reminder: the blog hop officially begins Monday, September 7th but we post early to get the kinks out of the links. If you lose your way, don't get discouraged - broken links get fixed quite quickly.

If you arrived from the blog of the talented Heidi Baks, then you are in the right place. If this is your first stop, that is ok too because the hop goes full circle - just follow the links.

In case you aren't familiar with the images in this set, here they are.

I created 2 cards, similar, but with different colors and style.

Vintage Leaves stamp set by Stampin' Up! Black leaves on script background. Vintage leaf card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
I used the script designer series paper in Soft Suede for the background. Then I stamped the leaves with the new Archival Basic Black ink. It is awesome! It is nice and BLACK. The embellishment is just some gold metallic thread and Linen thread wrapped around an Antique Brad. For some more vintage, I added a piece of crochet trim. But then I thought it needed some glam so I added a strip of the new Black Glimmer paper.
Stamps: Vintage Leaves
Paper: Soft Suede script from the Neutrals collection; Black Glimmer paper
Card Stock:  Basic Black, Soft Suede
Ink: Basic Black Archival Ink
Other: Linen Thread, Gold Metallic Thread, Vintage Brad, Crochet Trim

My second card uses the same oak leaf image, only stamped and embossed in gold. 
Vintage Leaves stamp set by Stampin' Up. Gold leaves on white background. Handmade card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
After I embossed the leaves, I felt they needed to be "anchored" to the card so I added some new Winter Wonderland Washi Tape at the top. It doesn't have to be used for Christmas! Then I tied on some Gold Baker's Twine and added Gold sequins. 

Stamps: Vintage Leaves
Card Stock: Whisper White and Heavyweight Whisper White
Ink: Versamark
Other: Gold embossing powder, gold sequins, Gold Baker's Twine, Winter Wonderland Washi Tape

That is it for me but the Stamp Review Crew Blog Hop isn't finished yet. Your next stop is the blog of the talented Holly Krautkremer. Enjoy!


9 comments:

Dawn Tidd said...

Lovely cards, Lisa! I love the one stamped on the Typepad DSP, great idea! A little gold never hurts anything either!

Dawn Tidd said...

Lovely cards, Lisa! I love the one stamped on the Typepad DSP, great idea! A little gold never hurts anything either!

Yapha said...

Gorgeous cards, Lisa! I really love the first one with that touch of Black Glimmer Paper.

Shana Gaff said...

Great cards! I love the colors you used and the DSP on the first card is fabulous. I didn't even know we had that so I'm really glad you shared it!

Linda Callahan said...

I love how you did two looks with the same image! The vintage look is terrific....especially with the bit of sparkle! And your clean card is so glam!

Shirl said...

As always, your cards are gorgeous, Lisa.

Shirl

Mike said...

I always think I have everything I need from a catalog and then I see a creation like this! Looks like I'll be buying the DSP! This is beautiful and could be used for so many different occasions. Beautifully done, Lisa!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Such vintagey goodness. Two gorgeous cards.

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful, Lisa! I love the details on the first one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...