Thursday, September 24, 2015

Sprinkles of Life Ice Cream

Watermelon. Coral. Bride. Those words make me think of summer, warm ocean breezes, and a wedding. Or…. they could be this week's color challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

I wasn't sure what direction to go with these colors and ended up creating a birthday ice cream cone.
I have fond memories of my friend's mom dishing up ice cream for us and putting it in pretty colored cones: blue, green, and my favorite - bright pink! That is exactly what I was thinking when I created my paper confection. 

The doily is actually one of the new Metallic Foil Doilies. I flipped it over and used the white underside. It is smaller and heavier than our white tea doilies so it worked perfectly for this.

I know you usually don't see banners stuck in an ice cream cone. Actually, I am not sure I've ever seen that but I wanted a fun way to add the birthday sentiment. Plus my ice cream doesn't melt! 

All my supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Sprinkles of Life
Paper: Pretty Petals paper stack
Card Stock: Whisper White, Calypso Coral, Blushing Bride, Watermelon Wonder
Ink: Watermelon Wonder, Calypso Coral, Blushing Bride
Other: Stylish Stripes embossing folder, rhinestone, Tree Builder punch, dimensionals, Metallic silver Foil doily

I hope you will play along with us this week! To see what the rest of the design team created and to link up your card, just go to Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog.

7 comments:

Joanne James said...

What a fun birthday ice cream cone Lisa - I love the little sentiment flag sticking out of the top! The upturned foil doily is the perfect backdrop and the white striped panel really allows the ice cream to 'pop'. What a lovely way to reminisce about happy childhood days!

Jenny Engelke said...

What wonderful inspiration from your childhood! I too, loved the colored cones! They were such a treat! I love the little extras you added in the rhinestone and flag banner! The stripped embossed background is also reminiscent of an ice cream parlor.

Alison Barclay said...

Eeeek! SO CUTE!!!! I the little flag on the top...I'm sure I have seen birthday toppers in Baskin Robbins. :)

Chris Slogar said...

Wow, that does bring back memories! I may not have ever thought of those ice cream cones again had you not brought them up - but they were such a treat! Super cute!

Connie Babbert said...

Oh, I remember those bright colored cones, too! Wonder if they still make them! Your ice cream cone is just perfect for this color challenge...and I love the little pick greeting coming out of it, too! Great job with the color challenge this week!

Lisa Martz said...

I do remember those ice cream cones! We rarely ever got them, but they were fun when we did! Love your happy...and very girly...birthday card!

Margaret Raburn said...

I love your yummy ice cream in the colorful cone!! How adorable and fun! Love your idea of using the reverse side of the metallic doily and the banner pick in the cone - very creative and cute!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...