Thursday, September 3, 2015

Garden in Bloom CCMC371

Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog has an interesting sketch this week that led to various interpretations among the Design Team. Love that! 

I tried to keep to the sketch and just use symmetrical shapes but it wasn't working for me at all! I ended up taking some artistic license with my card. If you look closely enough, you will see the sketch. 
Garden in Bloom stamp set by Stampin' Up! Handmade card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
I am not ready to give up on flowers just yet so I used the Garden in Bloom stamp set and Farmer's Market designer series paper. I think the gingham paper is so pretty with flowers - it reminds me of lattice. 

I stamped my images and then added some White Perfect Accents to the centers of the Blackberry Bliss flowers. Those flowers were stamped off first by the way. It gives them a softer look I think. 

All supplies are Stampin' Up! 

Stamps: Garden in Bloom, Cottage Garden (sentiment)
Paper: Farmer's Market
Card Stock: Whisper White, Blackberry Bliss
Ink: Basic Black, Crushed Curry, Old Olive, Blackberry Bliss
Other: White Perfect Accents

I hope you will join us at Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog with a creation of your own!

7 comments:

Joanne James said...

I love your artistic interpretation of this week's sketch Lisa - and in my favourite colours too! This card is so bright and cheerful and your stamped panel looks great against the plaid background. Such a lovely card!

Connie Babbert said...

What a wonderful flowing take on the sketch...I love it! Beautiful colors and flowers. I'm not ready to give mine up either, in stamps or real! Great job with the sketch.

Jenny Engelke said...

Oh my gosh....I'm in love with this card!!! Number one, what a wonderful way to interpret the sketch, and two, the colors and theme are so fun and summery! The gingham background anchors the whole thing together as well! Wonderful!!!!

Chris Slogar said...

Love this carefree look and your designer paper choice! It is all so whimsical and happy! Great use of this sketch!

Margaret Raburn said...

Lisa I love your bright and happy card! These pretty flowers look wonderful against that designer paper which DOES remind me of lattice! I'm not quite ready to give up my flowers either, but then it is 100 here today! : ) Cool down coming soon!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Such a cheery and comforting card Lisa. Thanks for sharing.

Lisa Martz said...

Love the bright colors! What a great interpretation of the sketch...love the way you used the flowers and bugs instead of a same size image. Sorry I am late with my comment. Family health issues. Better late than never!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...