Thursday, August 6, 2015

Made With Love Foxy Onesie Baby Card

I am back again with a challenge from Create with Connie and Mary and it is a sketch this week. I had more fun than usual with this one!

I deviated a little with the shape which is totally ok - feel free to do that yourself!
Stampin' Up! Made With Love stamp set. Baby card with die cut onesie. Washi tape  and stars on background. Handmade by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
I began with a little onesie, paper pieced with the Sweet Li'l Things paper. One of the patterns on this paper is foxes with stars and zzzz's. How cute! So I stamped the onesie, being sure to center the fox and then I cut it out. If you have the coordinating Baby's First Framelits, then you don't have to fussy cut. :)

My next step was to figure out what to do for the angled stripes on the background. Washi Tape! Problem solved. The middle layer is more Sweet Li'l Things paper and a sentiment from Something to Say stamp set. One of the fun things about the Something to Say stamp set is the non - sentiment images that are included. One of them happens to be a star stamp which was just the accent I needed for my baby card. Yay! 

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Made With Love, Something to Say
Paper: Sweet Li'l Things
Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Hello Honey, Tip Top Taupe
Ink: Tip Top Taupe Hello Honey
Other: Sweet Li'l Things Washi Tape, Itty Bitty Accent punch, Rhinestones

I hope you will be able to play along with us at Create with Connie and Mary! 

9 comments:

Alison Barclay said...

SO CUTE!!!! That onesie with the fox face is genius! I like the washi detail too. :)

Bridgette J said...

I am having one of those kick myself moments! Why didn't I think to use washi tape?! It looks great!! Love your cutie patootie card this week!

Chris Slogar said...

This is really sweet! I love how you stamped around the fox for the front of the onesie! Just adorable!

Lisa Martz said...

Love the color palette. Love that you used a onesie instead of a traditional shape. Super cute!

Jenny Engelke said...

Clever paper piecing! I love the little fox on the onsie! Super cute, Lisa!

Margaret Raburn said...

I'll ask my kudos for being so creative with the foxy paper, using it for the onesie. This is a perfect use for the washi tape as well. Just an appealing, adorable card for a new little one!!

Andrea W said...

Darling card! I love how you put everything together.

Connie Babbert said...

Love it! The little fox on the onesie is so cute...and washi tape is perfect in the background! Great job with the sketch challenge!

Joanne James said...

This is super-cute - I love the paper-pieced onesie! Great combination with the sentiment and washi tape stripes too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...