Friday, August 7, 2015

Definitely Dahlia with Butterfly

I have had this White butterfly hanging around my craft table for months - probably since the beginning of the year when the Occasions catalog first went live. Yikes! I got tired of looking at it so I decided to add it to a card.
Stampin' Up! Definitely Dahlia background stamp with white and black butterfly. Embossed birthday card in Watermelon Wonder, white and black. Handmade card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp.
Despite the colors, it isn't for Halloween.  Lol. The base is actually Watermelon Wonder, and just like Calypso Coral, it is difficult to photograph. I tried making the base card Smoky Slate but that didn't look right so I went with black. 

The Definitely Dahlia stamp was embossed with White and that was another piece of card stock that has been sitting on my craft table just waiting to be used. The white embossing really makes a nice contrast to the Watermelon Wonder card stock. I then had the dilemma of how to make the white butterfly stand out so I just die cut a plain ole black butterfly with the Bold Butterfly frame lit and adhered it under the white butterfly. Again, I tried other color combos but nothing was really jiving. 

Pretend that my Pearl embellishment in the middle of the butterfly didn't slide  down and to the left. Of course I didn't notice that when I was photographing my card. Sheesh. Underneath the pearl is some of the Silver Metallic thread that I just looped around. That's it! I hope you like it in spite of the halloweenish colors.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...