Thursday, August 13, 2015

Cottage Garden

Bright and happy is how I would describe this week's color challenge from Create with Connie and Mary! 
I went with a clean and simple card using the stamp set, Cottage Garden. I really like the font in this set a lot!
The front of my card is actually one piece of Whisper White card stock. I embossed the bottom part with the Boho Chic embossing folder first. Then I used my Simply Scored scoring board and scored the top of the bottom half and 5/8" up from that. 
You can see it better in the above photo. The strip of polka dot Cucumber Crush is Washi Tape from the Cherry on Top collection. 

To stamp my flowers and sentiment I used a Stamp-a-ma-jig for exact placement. Then I colored the flowers with markers and Aquapainter and added some Bright Sequins for some pizzazz. 

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Cottage Garden
Card Stock: Heavyweight Whisper White, Cucumber Crush, regular Whisper White
Ink: Cucumber Crush, Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango
Other: Aquapainter, Brights Sequins, Boho Chic embossing folder, Simply Scored scoring board

I hope you'll play along with us this week at Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog!

9 comments:

Jenny Engelke said...

Oh wow, the scoring on your card is such a lovely detail! I really like the boho chic embossing with these fun flowers! This card is going into my CASE file!

JoAnn said...

Cute card. Love the embossing on the bottom section and your cute row of flowers.

Stef Perry said...

How cute is that? I love this set too, and I appreciate how you used it here. The washi tape between scored lines is a clever and fun idea! Thanks for sharing!

Joanne James said...

I love the way you created your front out of one piece of white cardstock - the embossed section and scored lines either side of your washi tape really add visual interest and allow the colour of the washi tape and flowers to pop.

Lisa Martz said...

What a fun little card! Fast and easy with a little bling!

Alison Barclay said...

So pretty - the flowers are beautifully coloured. I like the washi tape strip too. :)

Connie Babbert said...

So sweet! I love the extra detail of scoring around the Washi Tape...clever! Great job with the color challenge this week!

Margaret Raburn said...

This card may look deceptively simple but the wonderful details you've included really raise the bar! Love how you used the colors on your card!

Chris Slogar said...

This is a very sweet card, and I especially love how you scored on either side of your Washi Tape! That looks fantastic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...