Thursday, August 27, 2015

CCMC370 Endless Thanks


I love today's color challenge from Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog! They are 3 of my favorite colors in life and on paper so my mind went in all kinds of directions when I sat down to make my card. 

I created a mostly white card with 2 raised panels.
I put a strip of paper from the Everyday Chic series down the center of my Heavyweight Whisper White base. Then I added the 2 panels with dimensionals. 
The flowers were fussy cut and then I added White Perfect Accents that I colored with a black sharpie. The tiniest flower has a black colored pearl instead of a White Accent just because of the size. Finally, to join the two panels together, I added the stamped banner. 

Stamps: Endless Thanks (photopolymer)
Paper: Everyday Chic series
Card Stock: Heavyweight Whisper White, Pool Party
Ink: Pool Party, Watermelon Wonder, Black Memento
Other: White Perfect Accents, Pearls, dimensionals, Sharpie (not Stampin' Up!)

To play along with this color challenge, just head over  to Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog! 

7 comments:

Alison Barclay said...

Stunning card...the colour really pops against the white. I love what you did with the sharpie-coloured elements. Great card! :)

Jenny Engelke said...

What a gorgeous CAS card! The flowers are the perfect accent to the banner and the choice of DSP anchors the whole thing together! Beautiful!

Chris Slogar said...

I love how you have used the colors minimally here - it makes them pop! The White Perfect Elements make great black flower centers!

Margaret Raburn said...

Lisa, that divided top panel of white with the black print showing in the gap is just a wonderful design idea! Those little flowers, leaves and ferns are so sweet "holding" that banner in place. A clean and classy composition with lots of pizzazz!! LOVE!

Lisa Martz said...

Very nice! I think this stamp set is great...it's what I refer to as a lucky charms stamp set...little fillers you can use in so many places! Love the black DSP...really pops!

Bridgette J said...

This is such a fun layout! The raised panels give a lot of dimension while the white really makes the colors appear vivid. Think I will try this one soon!

Joanne James said...

Lisa this is one of my favourite cards this week: beautifully clean and simple and I love the design detail with the inset panel and the sentiment floating across the top, along with the pop of red from the flowers. I love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...