Sunday, July 19, 2015

The Stamp Review Crew: Watercolor Wings Edition


It is the 3rd week of the month which means…Stamp Review Crew blog hop! Everyone made at least one project featuring the photopolymer stamp set, Watercolor Wings, one of my personal favorite stamp sets this year! 

The hop doesn't officially begin until Monday, July 20th but we like to post early to "get the kinks out of the links" so to speak. If a link doesn't work - don't give up!

All that being said, if you arrived here from the talented Tanya Boser's blog, then you are in the right place. Just follow the links at the end of the post!

I wanted to do something different for my card so I made a "Windshield Wiper Card". I don't have a link to directions - I just used a swap card and figured it out myself. It's easy!

Watercolor Wings, Stampin' Up! stamp set. Butterfly on brick background. Windshield Wiper card made by Lisa Young for the Stamp Review Crew.
When the card is pulled open the surprise element pops up at the top.

Watercolor Wings, Stampin' Up! Butterfly on brick background opens when pulled to reveal a butterfly that pops up. Windshield Wiper card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
This is the front of the card. I wanted a subway tile look so I added black ink to my embossing folder and ran it through the Big Shot. I was dismayed at first to see stray black ink here and there but then I decided I liked it. Instead of subway tile it looks like distressed bricks.

I added some Gorgeous Grunge splatter and a piece of Everyday Chic paper to give it some visual interest. Then I made my butterfly with Wonderful Wings stamp set. LOVE this set because the color combinations are endless! I used Pool Party, Tempting Turquoise and Black Memento ink. Another thing I love about this set is that it coordinates with the Butterflies Thinlits and the Bold Butterfly Framelits. That gives us even more great combinations!
Watercolor Wings, Stampin' Up! Butterfly on brick background opens when pulled to reveal a butterfly that pops up. Windshield Wiper card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
This is what the card looks like from the side. You can see the embellishments that I used: Lots of pearls on the butterfly, especially the wings, and Silver Metallic Thread.

Watercolor Wings, Stampin' Up! Butterfly on brick background opens when pulled to reveal a butterfly that pops up. Windshield Wiper card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
Here is the view from the top. If you are really ambitious you can add another pop up (windshield wiper) on the other side of the card too!

I had a lot of fun making this card, mainly because Watercolor Wings stamp set is awesome. 

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Watercolor Wings, Gorgeous Grunge
Paper: Pool Party, Everyday Chic
Card Stock: Whisper White, Pool Party, Basic Black
Ink: Pool Party, Tempting Turquoise, Black Memento
Other: Pearls, Silver metallic Thread, Bold Butterfly Framelits, Butterflies Thinlits, Brick Wall Embossing Folder

Now it's time to go to the next blog on this Stamp Review Crew Blog Hop and that happens to be the blog belonging to the talented Bronwyn Eastley. She is the master of 3D!

17 comments:

Jen Timko said...

So clever, Lisa! And I love your background. Striking and it makes that butterfly just pop!

Dawn Tidd said...

Cool card! I've not seen one of these before. I love the brick embossing with the black, it really stands out. Your butterfly is so pretty in the blue colors!

Nancy Smith said...

Great card, Lisa. Like the look of the distressed brick and the windshield wiper fold.

Rochelle Blok said...

Fantastic card Lisa! I've never seen one like this before. Might have to give it a go. The colours on your butterflies are fantastic and the brick wall background is awesome! Rochelle xo

Linda Callahan said...

This is wonderful! Love the subway tile look!

Tanya Boser said...

I haven't done one of these in a LONG time! Why is that? It is so cute! I love that you added a message to the left side. All of your details are amazing so I won't list them all, there are far too many that I love :)

thepapercaper said...

This is so fun. I've never seen one of these cards before. Another design to add to the 'to do' list. Thanks for sharing, especially your beautiful butterfly in those striking colours!

Nikki Spencer said...

I love interactive style cards and this so cool Lisa. The graphic style of your wall is a real wow, great colours...Fab card!

rubberredneck said...

Lisa this rocks! I love the colors sure makes your beautiful butterfly pop. I haven't made one of these in a long time. Beautiful card!

JoAnn said...

Very creative and beautiful colors. Love your card.

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Such a creative fold! I LOVE the colors you used...stunning!

Mike said...

Lisa, this is a very clever card and I like how the bricks turned out a lot! They do look like distressed bricks. Great job with this set!

Marla said...

I love the Stamp Review Crew Hop! And, I haven't seen a Wiper Card for awhile. I love yours. So very clever!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

I haven't seen a card like this - Stunning! Love your subway tile look, the colour scheme and the little added extras.

Betty said...

Striking colors and totally cool background make this a winner!

KornerKrafter said...

what a cute card and I love the interactive pop-up part. I've tried unsuccessfully to find directions to make one and without seeing it, am lost. would you please do a tutorial for us? thanks!

Heidi Baks said...

Wow! I absolutely love what you did with the brick EF, and the pop of light blue for the butterfly. Very striking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...