Thursday, July 16, 2015

Stampin' Up! Garden in Bloom CCMC364

I am back with another challenge from Create with Connie and Mary. I love black with any color so this was fun for me! 


Garden in Bloom Stampin' Up!  stamp set. Strawberry paper with daisy and bee. Handmade card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
Strawberry season is over around here (I think), but this paper from the Sweet Li'l Things collection never goes out of season. I wanted to create a flower or group of flowers that resembled strawberry blossoms but I ended up with a daisy - like flower from the new set, Garden in Bloom - and a few little Crushed Curry flowers for balance. 

The top of my card is embossed with the Hexagon embossing folder to go along with the bee. Then I added a strip of Crushed Curry washi tape from the Cherry on Top collection. I couldn't decide on a sentiment or where to place one so I used the new Greetings Thinlits and added a little hello. I love the size of these thinlits and really hope Stampin' Up! comes up with more of these fun sentiments in this size.

I can't forget the center of my daisy! It is a White Perfect Accent that I colored with a Sharpie. I have a lots of different Sharpies and I am so glad I didn't sell them at our tag sale last year because now I can create accents in a variety of colors. 

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Garden in Bloom
Paper: Sweet Li'l Things 
Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Watermelon Wonder, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, Crushed Curry
Other: Hexagon embossing folder, Greetings Thinlits, Cherry on Top washi tape, White Perfect Accent, dimensional, Metallic Sequins (center of yellow flower)

If you would like to play along - and we hope you do (!) - it is all happening at Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog. 

8 comments:

Bridgette J said...

So glad that you listed what stamp set the flower was because I didn't recognize it and see that it is obviously a must have! So pretty!

Jenny Engelke said...

Oh, I just love the combination of the strawberry paper and the honeycomb pattern with the bees! This card screams summer!

Marla said...

Lovely card!

Chris Slogar said...

Very sweet and summery card! The greeting is perfect here, and it really stands out nicely in black. Great card!

Lisa Martz said...

How sweet! The flower looks like a strawberry blossom...which looks great combined with the strawberry paper. Very cute!

Alison Barclay said...

Your card reminds me of a summer strawberry patch! SO lovely. The little bees are beautiful! :)

Connie Babbert said...

So sweet! I love all the little details on here...like those posy flowers and the little bee. Great job with the color challenge this week!

Joanne James said...

Such a summery card! Love the flower with the strawberries and the bee is just too cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...