Thursday, July 2, 2015

Stampin' Up! By the Tide CCMC362

I am going to just jump right in today and show you the color challenge from Create with Connie and Mary.
I have to admit that I had a difficult time steering away from a patriotic card! All I could think of was a country/folk art type card with stars and Happy Independence Day. Instead I went with this card:

Stampin' Up! By the Tide stamp set. Red Lobster on Kraft. Blue background. Handmade ocean themed card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp

I just realized that this card is also Americana with a red lobster and Nantucket emblem! Ah well. 

I played around with my layout and ended up just using part of the lobster. Pretend the rest of him is hiding in the seaweed :) After I added my layers, I stamped the sentiment on a piece of card stock that I punched with the new Banner Punch. Love that punch so much! Yes, I could use my scissors and cut it but the punch does a much better job. 

Speaking of punches - I used 3 for my Nantucket emblem. You know I do love framelits but for quick and easy - punches win hands down.

To add just a touch more red, I used some sequins from the new Brights Sequins collection. They are on sale this week (while supplies last) by the way. 

All supplies are Stampin' Up!
Stamps: By the Tide, Something to Say
Paper: Neutrals collection - Crumb Cake
Card Stock: Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Lost Lagoon
Ink: Real Red, Crumb Cake
Other: linen thread, Brights Sequns, 1" circle punch, Label Bracket punch, 1 1/4" scallop circle punch, Banner punch, dimensional

You can play along too! It's really simple: just create a project with the colors and Stampin' Up! only supplies. Take a picture and upload it to an online gallery or blog. Then head over to Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog and at the end of the CCMC challenge post is a link to link up your card. Need help? I would be glad to help as would any of the design team I'm sure. We can't wait to see what you create!

9 comments:

JoAnn said...

Love your card and your use of the colors.

Joanne James said...

These colours are perfect for your nautical card Lisa - I love the pop of red from the lobster crawling out in front of the fan coral. A great card!

Marla said...

Wow, Lisa! This is really a beautiful card! I love how you used the punches for the emblem. Wait! I just love everything!

Alison Barclay said...

Your card has a lovely coastal feel....very American aesthetic too. Beautiful! :)

Margaret Raburn said...

Lisa, your card is just beautiful! What a great way to layer and emphasize the Nantucket emblem; I agree that sometimes a punch is just the quickest way to go! Love all the details on your card! Super!

Chris Slogar said...

I love the pops of Real Read and Whisper White on your card - great choice of punches and designer paper, too! What a great summery look!

Lisa Martz said...

Fabulous! Love the layered punches. Great colors for this seaside card! Love the layout!

Bridgette J said...

I always reach for punches first too. ;) I love the bright lobster playing in the coral. Perfect summer card!

Jenny Engelke said...

I'm love, love, loving the nautical look here! That red lobster just pops right off the card! Very striking!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...