Sunday, July 5, 2015

Stamp Review Crew: Sprinkles of Life Edition


It is the first Monday of the month  which means another Stamp Review Crew Blog Hop! We are featuring the new stamp set , Sprinkles of Life, so if you would like some inspiration - both cards and 3 dimensional projects - then come hop along with us! Before you go, did you know that for every Sprinkles of Life stamp set purchased, Stampin' Up! donates $3 to Ronald McDonald House Charities? Just one more reason to love this stamp set!

Please note: the hop officially begins Monday, July 6 but we post early to make sure everything is running smoothly and all links work. 


This may be your first stop or you may have just come from the delightful blog of Dawn Tidd. Either way you are good to go. Just follow the links and you will go full circle.

Stampin' Up! Sprinkles of Life stamp set. Item #139971. $3 of every purchase goes to Ronald McDonald House Charities
Price: $21    Item #13997

I have 2 cards to show you on this hop. The first one is just a fun card that I thought of when I was thinking about what to make for dinner. Dinner led to a bunch of broccoli which led me to think of "Thanks a Bunch" and a card was born!


Stampin' Up! Sprinkles of Life stamp set. Bunch of Broccoli and Thanks a Bunch. Green, Black and White handmade card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
I don't have much designer paper yet so I used a piece of black and white paper from the Neutrals Collection for some contrast. Then I added Everyday Chic Washi Tape on each side. The broccoli stem is 2 of the tree branches next to each other and cut at an angle. The head of the broccoli is the cloud stamped, punched and raised up on dimensionals. 

Stamps: Sprinkles of Life Photopolymer
Paper: Neutrals Collection
Card Stock: Whisper White, Cucumber Crush, Basic Black
Ink: Cucumber Crush
Other: Everyday Chic Washi Tape, White Baker's Twine, Tree Builder Punch, dimensional, Big Shot, Chalk Talk Framelits

This next card is a Waterfall card and I used these directions but revamped them just a tad: I cut my strip of White card stock 2" x 9 1/4" and did not score at 2". I skipped that score line. I cut my white squares at 2", not 1 7/8" and I did not layer them on colored card stock. I also only used 2 squares, not 4.

The front: it was a hot day so my ice cream dripped a bit. Haha.
Stampin' Up! Sprinkles of Life stamp set. Waterfall Card technique. Ice Cream Cone card. Handmade birthday card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp

Pull on the lace and the next step appears.
Stampin' Up! Sprinkles of Life stamp set. Waterfall Card technique. Ice Cream Cone card. Handmade birthday card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp

Keep pulling and this is the final step. Sorry about the slightly smeared sentiment.
Stampin' Up! Sprinkles of Life stamp set. Waterfall Card technique. Ice Cream Cone card. Handmade birthday card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
The background was stamped with the sprinkle stamp from this set using the 3 different colors of ink. The ice cream drips are actually raindrops that I stamped and punched. They remind me of an ice cream cone I had the other day. It dripped faster than I could eat it!

Stamps: Sprinkles of Life Photopolymer
Card Stock: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Mint Macaron, Pink Pirouette, Crumb Cake
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Mint Macaron, Pink Pirouette
Other: Tree Builder Punch (Backordered right now), Mint Macaron Lace, Linen Thread, Big Shot, Boho Chic embossing folder, Mini Brads, 1/8" hole punch

Next stop is the blog of the talented Yapha Mason. Enjoy!

14 comments:

Dawn Tidd said...

So, so cute, Lisa!! I giggled at the broccoli but I knew immediately what it was! How clever! And I love the waterfall card, especially the drips on the cones…perfect for this time of year. I think I'm going to try this one!

Linda Callahan said...

Loving the broccoli! I knew knew it was broccoli right away too! And the waterfall card is fabulous!

Yapha said...

Oh Lisa, that broccoli is too clever! I love it!! Great projects!

Tanya Boser said...

Broccoli, it's what's for dinner! These cards are both pure genius! Love the broccoli, but I have to say the waterfall card is my favorite. I love EVERYTHING about it, from the moving parts right down to the drips of ice cream :)

LeAnne said...

Both cards are wonderful! So funny and fun! Great ideas on the hop, I am enjoying it!

Carol Carriveau said...

Several of you ladies are Sooo clever....broccoli...what a clever idea! And loving the ice cream water fall card!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Well, we call broccoli, 'little trees' in our house so that first card makes perfect sense :) Love your fun take on the stamp. The ice-cream stack is so suited to a waterfall card. Both cards are super cute and very creative.

Rochelle Blok said...

Ha! Love the broccoli! Cute! Gorgeous waterfall card! Very creative!

Betty said...

The broccoli is a hoot! And the waterfall card is perfect in every way from the background to the sentiment. Love the lace for the pull too!

rubberredneck said...

Broccoli that is outstanding. lol we call them little trees too. Genius! I love the second card and the little drips that is just way to cute!!

Wendie Waldman said...

So clever - eat your broccoli! Love the ice cream drips too.

Mike said...

Lisa! Broccoli!?!? Really? I pick the ice cream cones, but OMG! What vision you have to see broccoli in a cloud/frosting/ice cream stamp! That's great! And love your variations on the ice cream cones!

thepapercaper said...

Lol. Broccoli - I love it! Your waterfall card is such a fab idea to use with this stamp set. Thanks for sharing your creativity!

fiddlinfan said...

Your cards are just great! The second one inspired a card for my newly acquired great grandchild. Thanks so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...