Thursday, July 9, 2015

Made With Love Baby Card

I hope you are ready for another challenge from Create with Connie and Mary! This week we have a square sketch which I didn't notice was square until my card was complete. Oops! Fortunately, rectangles are acceptable too :)


The new baby stamp set, Made with Love is my kind of set: cute baby animals! 
Stampin' Up! Made with Love stamp set. Handmade baby card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
I used the Happy Heart embossing folder for my background because in my mind hearts and babies go together. I was so happy to see that this embossing folder carried over from the Occasions catalog.

Each of the little animal images come with a cute sentiment attached. To eliminate the sentiment I carefully positioned the circle punch so it only punched the baby animal. Then I used an Aquapainter and ink to color them. I also used a coordinating marker to darken some areas for depth. 

The hearts and the scalloped circles are sponged with Pink Pirouette ink so they would stand out a little more. Pink Pirouette is such a pale color that I find sponging helps it from looking washed out against White. 

There are other really cute images and sentiments in this set too. Some coordinate with the Baby's First Framelits and some with the Tags and Labels Framelits. This is such a fun and versatile stamp set and works so well with this fun sketch!

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Made with Love (photopolymer)
Card Stock: Whisper White, Pink Pirouette
Ink: Black Stazon, Pink Pirouette, Pool Party, Crumb Cake, So Saffron
Other: Pearls, Happy Hearts embossing folder, Itty Bitty Accent Punch Pack, 1 1/4" scallop circle punch, 1" circle punch, sponge, dimensionals, Aquapainter

For more inspiration and to play along, just head over to Create with Connie and Mary challenge blog. We can't wait to see what you create!

13 comments:

Joan V said...

Oh, Lisa, this is so adorable. Thanks for sharing.

LeAnne said...

Cute as can be!

JoAnn said...

What a sweet baby card. Love it. Great job with the coloring.

Kim In Texas said...

This is just so sweet! I love it. Now I need someone to have a baby...LOL.

Margaret Raburn said...

Lisa, your card is just so sweet and I too love the hearts embossed background with baby cards! So many wonderful details and coloring too! Love it!

libbystamps said...

This is really a sweet card! Any new mom would enjoy receiving this! Thanks for the inspiration!

Jenny Engelke said...

My goodness, I don't think this card could get any sweeter! The heart embossed background as well as the punched hearts are perfect accents to the cute little critters on this baby card!

Alison Barclay said...

Absolutely adorable!!

Marla said...

Lisa, this is adorable! Cutest baby card I've seen in awhile!

Chris Slogar said...

Everything about this is so sweet - the embossing, the images, the colors, the sentiments! Great take on this sketch!!

Lisa Martz said...

What a darling baby card! LOVE it!

Joanne James said...

Oh Lisa this is SO sweet! I love the heart accents and the embossed background - a perfect pink baby card!

MamaRose said...

I love this card and with a color change and little else it can be made for a little boy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...