Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Cottage Garden and a Butterfly

I hope you enjoyed the Watercolor Wings blog hop! I am so blessed to be a part of the Stamp Review Crew. If you missed the blog hop, it can be found HERE. 

I had a few butterflies that I didn't use for the hop so I was able use one of them on today's card. 

Cottage Garden, Stampin' Up! stamp set with pink butterfly. Handmade card by Lisa Young, Add Ink and Stamp
The butterfly is a nice contrast to the small delicate flowers of the Cottage Garden stamp set. My favorite thing on this card though, is the tiny patterned paper on the background. It is from the English Garden paper series which is a gorgeous collection of paper with a watercolored "look". 

When I began to assemble my card I had the stamped panel straight up and down. No surprise there. Ha! But when I tilted it a little I actually liked it better - I think the tilted butterfly helps too. You have to look closely, but there are tiny pearls on a few of the flowers. 

My colors were taken from the paper: Blushing Bride, Mossy Meadow and Melon Mambo. I love the blend of pastel, dark and bright all the while staying within 2 color families.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! and can be purchased in my Stampin' Up! store found here. Don't forget to check out the Weekly Deals!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

Love this paper too Lisa! I think I need to case! The little flowers are so cute!! I've only used the sentiments from the Cottage Garden stamp set so far!!

thị hậu nguyễn said...

Beautiful card. What gorgeous butterflies! Love the design. xx
happy wheels
super mario bros
pacman
agario

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...